TWENTY SIX

"That good for nothing piece of shit stole my spot, dad... I won't let that asshole have the last laugh. I can't let him win!" A drunk Carlos angrily exclaimed, slamming his fist on the table.

"You should've killed him when you had the chance, now he's one step ahead of you... All our years of hard work has gone down the drain" Ignacio hissed.

Carlos and his dad were presently in the Red moon cocktail bar venting their anger over drinks. The pair were still upset about the embarrassing incident that transpired earlier that day, and were yet to accept defeat. Rather than show signs of repentance and think of ways to fall back in favor with Isabel, Carlos was bent on getting revenge on Dylan. He was determined to get Dylan out of the way and regain his place as Isabel's lover. Come rain, come shine he was going to be the alpha of the Pride pack.

"I can't waste my precious years and sacrifice my mate for nothing... I'm gonna kill him. And this time, nothing and no one will stop me" Carlos glowered at no one in particular as he recalled all the sleepless nights, rigorous training and beatings he had to endure from his dad to get to the position he just lost because of a jerk who calls himself Isabel's mate. Watching his mate die at the hands of his own father was a bitter experience he would never forget for the rest of his life, and nothing is going to hinder him from achieving his goal after all the sacrifices he has made.

Ignacio's eyes was wide with horror, but Carlos was too immersed in his thoughts to notice his father's sudden change of expression.

"I should've killed you a long time ago" A deep voice growled behind him, making him freeze.

He paled visibly on hearing Isabel's cold and domineering voice. His grip around the bottle of beer he was drinking loosened, as his fingers started shaking without control. Filled with horror, he stood up from his chair and slowly turned to face his alpha.

Isabel's dark eyes glowed with anger when she heard Carlos talking disrespectfully about her mate. She has always known that Ignacio and his son, Carlos eyed her alpha position, but she didn't know they wouldn't back down on their plan even with her mate around.

She made Carlos her beta, to keep a close eye on his father. To distract him from pursuing his father's cause, she had to continue having an affair with him. Thinking about all the wrong decisions she made to preserve the peace in her pack which ended up being detrimental to her relationship, Isabel's beast surfaced, causing the entire bar to fall silent. The only person who didn't seem to notice her presence was the culprit. She watched him grow tense at the sound of her voice, angering her all the more. If he had the guts to want to kill her mate, he should be bold enough to say it to her face. Her angry gaze only sharpened when Carlos started to shiver in front of her. Before he could protest, or find any excuses, Isabel's sharp claws emerged from her fingers and penetrated into Carlos' neck, ripping his head from his body. His head fell on the floor, his eyes still held shock in them with his mouth open. She didn't stop there as she tore the rest of his limbs, leaving his body badly mutilated. She averted her attention away from Carlos' dead body, looking towards Ignacio who was crying with rage as he stared at his son's broken limbs a few inches away from his head.

"I want you out of my pack in the next five hours. You're not allowed to seek refuge in any other pack till the day you die"

Isabel spared Ignacio's life and only banished him not because he was indispensable but because of the friendship he once shared with her father. If there's anyone in the best position to kill him, it was her dad. She punished him to become a rogue so he would live with the pain, guilt and regret of his actions.

"Send these exact words to the rest of the packs... Anyone who accommodates the werewolf, Ignacio Perez will be executed by me. His or Her household and entire pack will be razed to the ground without mercy" Isabel said to Xavi.

She stared at the red blood gushing out of Carlos' neck, and spilling on to the floor with disgust. She wiped the blood off her hands with a napkin on the table, but that wasn't good enough. Her hands were still stained with blood.

"Get rid of this mess" She ordered and stormed out of the bar.

It was only after she had left the bar that hushed whispers could be heard from the werewolves who witnessed the scene.

"You heard the alpha. Clean up this mess" Xavi barked out the order to shut them up.

He gripped the older werewolf by the arm and dragged him out of the bar. He had few hours left to say goodbye to his family.

Ignacio was in a complete daze. He couldn't fathom that his only son was dead. He wasn't just dead. He was murdered in the most brutal way imaginable. He screamed in pain, as that was the only way he could express his rage. The Martinez family are going to pay for his son's death. This was the only thought that filled his mind. They have to pay blood for blood.

Isabel's hair stuck to her face as she walked back to her house in the rain. The heavy rain that splattered her body was the least of her worries. Her beast had long disappeared after killing Carlos. She has never been so enraged to the extent of murdering one of her own, but Carlos left her with no choice. Her mate was her top most priority besides her pack. Whoever messes with her mate messes with her, and her pack members weren't an exception. Ignacio's ear piercing screams from a distance didn't make her feel remorseful for her actions. They had it coming sooner or later. Above all else, she only hopes that the moon goddess forgives her for killing one of her own.

She finally put an end to Carlos and his bullshit
What do you guys think? 🤔🤔