THIRTY EIGHT

"Xavi told me you handled the situation all by yourself." Rodrigo began, as soon as he sat on his study chair.

"I had to... There was no other way to prevent a disaster from happening."

"And are you aware of the consequences of your actions if something had gone wrong?"

Isabel was expecting such a reaction from her dad, but he would've done the same had he been in her shoes.

"I'm the alpha now, let me be the one to worry about my pack." She gritted her teeth as she spoke because she didn't want to get into a fight with the former alpha.

"That doesn't answer my question, Isabel. You made a reckless move out there. What if you didn't make it back?"

Rodrigo was equally trying to control his fury. He was consumed with fear when Xavi informed him that his daughter fought against the rogues all by herself.

Why would she make such a rash decision without putting her pack first?

And although he was told that her beast was in control, and they are unbeatable in that state, he couldn't help but feel worry as a father.

"I had everything under control. And even if I hadn't made it out alive, I already marked Dylan to take my place."

"What?... You were willing to give up your life for those people?"

Isabel's reply came as a shock to Rodrigo. He knew having a mate from that pack was going to be of no good to his daughter, but he didn't think it would be this severe.

"If you would just listen to what I have to say-"

"That you're willing to give up your pack, your people, to a total stranger?... You're growing weak, Isabel and that-"

"That's enough!" She barked, baring her canines at her dad, as she was already in a half shift.

Rodrigo growled in response, to show his wolf's displeasure at Isabel's rudeness.

"The only reason I'm holding back is because you're my father, so don't tempt me." She threatened through gritted teeth and turned her back to her dad, biting her lips to keep her wolf at bay. She didn't like the fact that her own father was disrespecting her mate. He would've been in a terrible state by now if he were someone else.

Rodrigo let out a heavy sigh, as he regained control of his wolf.

"So, why did you make such an impulsive decision?" He calmly asked his daughter.

She only turned around to face her dad when she knew she wasn't a threat to him.

Rodrigo gestured for her to sit down which she quietly did.

"The rogues weren't after the Greenwood pack like we thought... They were after me."

Rodrigo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't quite understand what Isabel was driving at. Isabel on the other hand recalled the incident at the Greenwood pack.

While she was in her lycan form fighting off the rogues, her vision enabled her to catch a glimpse of something from a distance. When she concentrated her vision on the object, she realized it was an extremely large rogue staring directly at her with a hostile glare, but that didn't distract her from focusing on the war, as she killed every one of the filthy rogues she laid her hands on. But what left her flabbergasted and made her understand why they aimed for the Greenwood pack was after she was done killing the rogues and was ready to attack the large werewolf she assumed was the leader of the rogues, it reached her through mind link, which was impossible for any werewolf who wasn't a member of the Pride pack, except...