THIRTY FIVE

As planned, Isabel and her pack warriors got up early to leave the next day since her work in the Greenwood pack was complete.

Dylan was downstairs, probably saying goodbye to his brothers while Isabel was in his bedroom getting dressed in the new clothes Dylan got for her after hers got ripped the previous night during the war.

She was wearing her lita ankle boots when someone knocked on the door.

"Come in." She quietly said, and the door slowly opened to reveal Jane, Dylan's mom.

She walked into the room with her head low, like she was scared Isabel would do something bad to her if she dared to look at her.

She guess Jane was humbled by her authoritative aura.

"What do you want?" Isabel sounded cold and uninterested. This was because Jane didn't give her a good first impression, so she wanted to have nothing to do with her.

"I'm sorry." Jane humbly replied in a soft voice.

"Sorry for what exactly?" Isabel raised a questioning brow because she honestly doesn't get what Jane was apologizing for.

Although, she tried to be disrespectful during their first meeting, Isabel was able to put her in her place without a single word.

"I had a wrong notion of you and your pack in the past, but you proved me wrong in less than twenty four hours... Thank you for saving our pack."

Isabel scoffed in disbelief.

Was this woman being serious? Does she actually think she gives a damn what she thinks about her?

She is an alpha, one of the greatest one at that, and doesn't need the approval of anybody. It's a good thing her wolf is still silent after last night's incident, otherwise Jane would've been covered in injuries by now, or better yet unconscious.

"I didn't think you'd-"

"Let me stop you there" Isabel cut her off. She didn't want her making any further utterances that would upset her even more.

"I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me or my people... Plus, I didn't save your pack because I wanted to. I was only helping my mate." Isabel made the reason for her actions clear, to avoid any misconceptions.

"Does that mean we're a family now?" For the first time since she entered the room, Jane was brave enough to look at Isabel. She looked at her with expectant eyes, like she was waiting for an affirmative response, causing Isabel to furrow her brows in confusion.

This is the second weirdest thing that has happened to her, besides her encounter with Dylan's younger brother.

"Whatever." She said, walking out of the room. The sooner she gets away from this place, the better.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to be your beta as planned."

"It's all forgiven. I'm at peace knowing you're in a better place."

Dylan and his brother, Daniel were in the study catching up on lost time.

"Yeah" Dylan confirmed. He had a dreamy look in his eyes.

"I can tell someone's in love." Daniel teased, giving his brother a playful nudge.

"What are you talking about?" Dylan feigned ignorance, but the big smile on his face gave him away.