Top Gun Baby!

Summary

On March 3, 1969, the United States Navy established an elite school for the top one percent of its pilots. Its purpose was to teach the lost art of aerial combat and to ensure that the handful of men who graduated were the best fighter pilots in the world.

They succeeded. Today the Navy calls it Fighter Weapons School. The flyers call it: Top Gun.

Prologue

When Natasha Trace was 5 years old, her mother gave birth to her little sister, and from that moment on, she knew that she had to protect her little sister, Rachel, from anything. Her dad passed away a year later when Natasha was 6 and Rachel was 1 and then they both lost their Mom when Natasha was 16, and Rachel was 11. Natasha had to parent Rachel while still in high school and she almost lost her sister 3 times to CPS since Nat was busy dealing with Rachel, trying to provide food and resources, a place to stay, and also figuring out what she was going to do, and it didn't help the fact that Rachel was hard to deal with as a teenager and would always seek trouble. When Natasha turned 18 and Rachel was still in middle school as an 8th grader, Natasha enlisted in the Navy. Rachel had her first boyfriend once she was in her freshman year of high school, and her sister didn't take it well. Natasha got into the Academy and there she met Reuben "Payback" Fitch and they became good friends. When Natasha introduced Reuben to her little sister, he felt protective of her, leaving the younger Trace with a protective sister and brother as well. When Natasha graduated from the academy, Rachel moved in with her boyfriend since they no longer had their parents around and Nat was moving away for her deployment. Both Natasha and Reuben didn't enjoy it but they couldn't do much since they were serving their country. Rachel went to the Naval Academy, just like her older sister, and met Valerie "Val" "Frosty" Kazansky and Malia "Lia" "Apollo" Mitchell and they became really good friends over the next four years. Her boyfriend, Dylan was in their academy class so they were still together and when the four of them graduated, Natasha had introduced Rachel to Javy "Coyote" Machado, Mickey "Fanboy" Garcia, and Jake "Hangman" Sersin, and just like Reuben, they all became protective of her. From that moment on, she had 4 protective brothers, one protective sister, and two other sisters. None of the boys plus Natasha loved Rach's boyfriend but they saw that he treated their little sister right, so they let it go. When they all got selected for Top Gun, the older flyers had a chance to meet Bradley "Rooster" Bradshaw. When Val, Lia, and Rachel got selected for Top Gun, Dylan wasn't but the couple made it work until Rachel returned to her boyfriend. 3 years later, Rachel, Lia, Val, Javy, Mickey, Jake, Natasha, and Reuben were called back along with Bradley and Robert "Bob" Floyd, as well as a couple of other Top Gun graduates to complete a mission.