Chapter 3: Bradley, I'm a fucking matchmaker

"I can't lose anyone else and everyone that was on the deployment is my family and I couldn't stay back and watch you guys go off when I could've gone with you, which I did, to protect you." I said.
"You know that I raised you since I was 16, even younger since Mom was barely around." Nat said as she put her beer down on the counter. 
"Point?" I asked. 
"Tell that to someone who doesn't know you." Nat said. I sighed and tucked my hair behind my ear. 
"I did it for Maia. For you, for the boys, for Mav, for Lia and Val, for the admirals, for Bradley, for everyone I guess who I needed to prove that I can do shit on my own." I said. 
"You don't have to prove anything to me and you know that. I know that you can do shit on your own, you had to do things on your own when I was in Virginia doing Naval Academy and you were living with your boyfriend and on your own for a while. I know you can do things, the boys know you can do things, Val and Lia know you can do things, Maia knew you can do things, hence why you were her pilot, Bradley knows you can do things, and the Admirals don't know shit, and they don't see talent when it's there." Nat said. 
"Soooooo, you and Reu?" I asked. Nat rolled her eyes and took a sip of her beer. 
"What about me and Reuben?" Nat asked. 
"Do you like him?" I asked. 
"Since when do you give a shit about my love life?" Nat asked.
"Since when did you give a shit about what I do during missions?" I shot back.  
"Since when did you get all grumpy?" Nat shot back. 
"Why is this conversation about me and not you?" I shot back. 
"Because I need to know what's going on in my baby sister's mind." Nat said. 
"And I need to know what's going on in my older sister's love life." I shot back. 
"Fine, yas I do. He probably doesn't like me back. I get it, we've been best friends since we were 18, and he's been like a brother to you so I wouldn't risk your relationship. I know you and Reuben are the closest since he's known you since you were 13." Nat said. 
"Let's say he did like you, let's say you two get together, that wouldn't ruin my relationship with him." I said. It's so obvious that they like each other, and that's why I brought it up. 
"Want me to ask him if he likes you." I asked. 
"Rach, remember Jakob?" Nat asked. 
"My first kiss and boyfriend after Dylan and I's break up in freshman year?" I asked. 
"Yeah, remember how you didn't know if he would like you and I offered to ask him." Nat asked. 
"Okay, I didn't need Reuben to go after him for declining me and you noticed my anxiety when I wanted to ask him if he liked me so you stepped in. Without letting me know." I said. 
"You know what? Go for it, ask him. It doesn't matter, he's going with you, Mickey and Bradley to Greece. I'm going with Jake, Javy and Bob back to Lemoore." Nat said. 
"Did Mav have anything to do with the boys coming with me?" I asked. 
"Yeah, the boys asked if he could put in a word with your squadron to see if they could be in greece for a little bit." Nat said. 
"I knew it!" I said. 
"Alright Ms. Know It All, I'm pretty sure everyone is about to go to bed, you have a flight tomorrow with 3 boys so I think you should go and get your sleep before you're running around tomorrow." Nat said and I smiled and rolled my eyes. 
"Night Tash." I said. 
"Night Rach." Nat said. I gave her a kiss on the cheek before heading to my bedroom and I saw Bradley waiting for me, reading something on his phone. 
"Bradley, I'm a fucking matchmaker. I might have gotten my sister with Reuben if I can find a way for them to stay together." I said as I got ready for bed. 
"Good, they need to get together. I've seen the way they look at each other, and it's annoying the shit out of me." Bradley said. 
"Well, at least your not single. You have me." I said as I climbed into bed and kissed my boyfriend. 
"I wouldn't ask for anyone else." Bradley said with a smile and I kissed him again. 
"I love you so much." I said. 
"I love you more." Bradley said and I laid down in his arms and he turned the lights off and we fell asleep. All I could think about was how happy I am and how lucky I am to have someone like Bradley. I have my sister, my brothers, my two best friends, my squadron, my boyfriend and I couldn't be happier.

I'm so happy, and I wouldn't change a thing about my life right now.