Chapter 3: Dylan Laguna and the truth about Maia

A/N: this chapter and this chapter only is in 3rd person because I thought it would fit better...let me know if I should change it

"Is that?" Mickey asked his friends, pointing to the guy he never liked. Dylan Laguna.

"Dylan fucking Laguna? Yep." Jake, Javy, Reuben and Nat said.

"He's grown up. He's not a scrawny little teenager that wants to be with Rach." Mickey said.

"He's still with Rachel, Mickey. So he clearly did something right." Nat said.

"What's wrong with him?" Bradley asked.

"They've been together since they were in 8th grade, he's not right for her. She deserves better." Javy said.

"So you want her to break up with her boyfriend." Bradley asked and Val and Lia choked on their drinks. What they didn't notice was that Rachel and Dylan had gone outside.

"What?" everyone asked, looking at the Kazansky and Mitchell girls.

"Oh you don't know?" Lia asked.

"They are fucking engaged, sweethearts. They got engaged after Maia died from the accident." Val said. Nat slammed her beer on the table next to her and stood up. The boys all made eye contact, annoyed for the fact that their little sister didn't tell them that she was engaged. They looked at the older Trace sibling and they knew someone was going to die today.

"RACHEL LILIANA TRACE!" Nat yelled as she stormed outside, causing the couple to break up their kissing session.

"What?" the younger Trace answered, annoyed at her older sister for interrupting her and her boyfriend's make out session.

"Watch the tone Rachel." Nat warned.

"What do you want, Natasha?" Rachel asked.

"Is there anything you forgot to mention about you and Dylan?" Nat asked.

"What about me and Dylan?" Rachel asked.

"The fact that you two are FUCKING ENGAGED and you didn't tell me!" Nat said.

"Apollo and Frosty said that you and Dylan got engaged after Maia died in the accident." Nat said.

"Think about the very last part of the sentence." Rachel said as she looked down at the floor, then back up at Natasha.

"Why didn't you tell me that you lost Maia?" Nat asked as she walked over to her little sister, who was in pain over losing her closest friend since birth.

"I couldn't bring myself to accept it. It's my fault I lost her." Rachel said as she was wrapped in her older sister's arms.

"Rachel, I would've come to her funeral." Nat said.

"I know, I'm sorry." Rachel said.

"It's ok." Nat said as she pulled away from her sister.

"Stay here, I'm going to get my things and I'll take you home." Nat told Rachel, since Dylan had left because he was told to.

"Nat, I can get-." Rachel started saying, but stopped speaking once she saw her sister's glare. Nat disappeared into the bar and was quickly met with questions from the boys.

"She lost Maia." Nat told the boys.

"Did she tell you how?" Javy asked.

"No, but she's drunk and she clearly can't get home on her own so I'm going to take her home. I'll see you guys at base tomorrow, and don't lecture her about getting drunk tomorrow, I got that part." Nat said as she grabbed her phone, jacket and wallet.