•3

(Song for this chapter: Calling my phone~Lil Tjay)

□□□

The sun was already setting when I reached home. I never even realised home was this far without catching a ride with my friends.

Honestly, today was hell!

"Shut up! You son of a..." My mom trails off as she spots me at the front door.

It took me time to take in the scene in front of me.

"I'm gonna make you pay, woman" that's dad. He says that after taking a bottle of Hennessey and cracking it on my mom's head.

"Mom!" I yell. Running towards them.

My dad seems so lost clearly showing that he didn't recognize my presence.

She's bleeding. She bleeding hard!

"What's wrong with you dad! Why did you do this." Is all I can manage to say before holding my mom's bloody head in my hands.

"I..." he trails off.

Is he shitting me now!

"Honey..." he speaks again.

"No! Save it. I'm calling an ambulance and we are leaving." I finally speak.

"I'm not your father okay? I only took you guys in after I fell in love with your mother only to find out she was two months pregnant." He confesses.

What? How? When? Who? Is he high? Drank maybe?

"Honey, I know its not the right time to say all this but I had to." Dad speaks up.

"Why now?" I sound pissed. I didn't even notice I was crying.

"Someone had to say it honey. And your mom wasn't ready for it. So I had to." The man I loved and respected my whole life says.

"Is that why you hit her so hard? Is that why you never come back home these days?" I say in a high-pitched voice, typically screaming now.

My mom tries to move but fails miserably before flinching.

"Mom? We'll get out of here okay?" I assure her.

She only gives me a sad smile trying to make me fell better. This is why I loved, still love and will always love this woman. She's always so positive even in the worst situations.

I lift mom and take her to her room and work on her injuries. They're not as bad as I expected. Luckily!

Taking my phone I dial Jordan's digits and he immediately answers on the first ring.

"Hey Myra! Are you okay? I've tried sending you texts but you never replied back." He sounds worried.

"Yeah I'm fine. But mom isn't and I think we're really leaving today" I answer sadly.

"No way! What's wrong? Where are you going? I know it's something related to your dad but please don't leave." he sounds worried as hell.

Taking a moment of silence to actually process his words and let them sink in. But I can't stay in this house. It has many memories of my dad, well, not my dad anymore!

"Myra please hear me out. You've been my best friend since we were two and taking a hard decision like that only means that there's a very bad situation going on. But you can always talk to me about..." before I know it, I'm standing at his front door.

He must've heard me running from the phone so he immediately opens the door.

"Well that didn't take long!" He says.

Without thinking, I'm in his arms and he's pulling me inside, pressing me on the wall.

□□□

(Soooo?? How is it?? Is Jordan really her bestfriend? Or something more?? Tell me what you think.)
Again, check out my new book y'all or message me on my profile to send to the link privately...:)