•5

(Songs for this chapter: Wild side-Normani)

▪▪▪

The next morning, I get myself ready for school. I haven't heard from my dad since that day when things went down with my mom.

When I get downstairs, mom has already prepared breakfast for me despite her condition.

"Morning mom!" I greet her.

"Hey darling, how did you sleep last night." There's something behind her tone. I get it, its sarcasm!

"It was okay, better actually" I smile remembering how Jordan kissed me last night.

"Had fun?" She asks sarcastically.

"Mom please. I have to go to school before its late" Finishing the last bite of my ham, I head out.

I find Jordan's car parked at my driveway and he waves at me to get in. The ride to school is filled with an awkward silence.

"How did you sleep yesterday?" He asks sounding exactly like my mom earlier.

"It was okay" it comes out more like a murmur than a response.

I can see the smirk on his face, and when he looks at me, I immediately turn away.

This is awkward! Way too awkward!

"Are you free after school today?" He breaks the silence.

For a moment, I think of what to say before answering him. The air has gotten thick between us, I can literally cut through it with my hand, making things more awkward. And before I realise it, he's pulling at the parking lot.

"Umm... yeah, you are only my bestfriend, so don't even think of taking me out on a date!" I say and we both burst out into laughter before getting out of the car.

"I'll take that as a yes!" He smirks and winks at me and we both head to the lockers.

At the lockers I meet Harley and she squeaks at the site of Jordan and I.

"Hey guys!" She says.

"Hey bitch" I yell, my mood suddenly lighting up.

"Sup!" Jordan greets winking at her.

I take my books for my first class and Harley jumps into a conversation with Jordan.

"So what are you guys planning for today?" Harley asks.

"I'll be taking someone on a date, so I'll probably be occupied" he says making it obvious that its someone important to him.

What? How is this even possible? Jordan Perry is taking me out on a 'date'? Ironic right?

"Huh? And who's this chick stealing our bestie from us?" Harley remarks sarcastically.

"Someone you shouldn't worry about" he answers looking at my direction. Screw him.

Okay, he's hot, like damn hot. He is a good 6'2, obviously taller than me. He got brown messy hair falling on his forehead and to be honest, he doesn't put much effort but he is attractive. He's a shade darker than me because of his mixed race.

But he's my bestfriend despite the badboy attitude he has, he's still my bestfriend.

Harley looks lost but happy for him. God if she knew I was that girl he's taking out.

"So umm..guys I should be heading to class, I'll see you guys at lunch, ayt?" I say to them.

"Not too fast" Cassie's voice is annoying as hell.

"Not now Cassie!" Everyone groans at the same time. She's that annoying self-centered girl who happens to like Jordan. Oh! She's the 'friends-for-benefit' kinda chick.

She frowns and turns to Jordan, "Hey!"she's close to him. Too close! But Jordan gives her a 'get-the-fuck-out-of-my-way' look, which makes it obvious that he doesn't give two fucks.

Why am I jealous? He's only my bestfriend.

"Get the f..." Harley shoots me a deadly look telling me to calm down.

"Oh! Are you jealy Myra? I was just saying hi to him. Not that I would fuck him or anything" She smirks. Damn she smirks like a bitch that she is.

That's it! The next thing I know, is that I'm on her face making it look uglier than it already is.

"Get off me you bitch!" She yells. Catching attention from everyone at the hallway.

"Myra stop! Myra!" I hear Jordan's voice.

Nah! Not today!

"Imma make you pay for your dirty mouth Cassie" I punch her nose.

"Somebody do something!" She tries to shout but fails miserably.

"Myra!" That's Jordan.

"Myra!" And that's Harley.

"What the hell!" And that's the principal. Yep! That's Mr. Kurt.

"Get to my office!" He shouts. "Both of you!"

I stand up from Cassie's body, taking deep breaths and walking towards the principal's office. On my way, I see smiling faces of highschool students, as if trying to tell me that what I did was pretty cool. Well...it's cool because Cassie is a bitch.

But why did I react so much?

▪▪▪

Author's note:
(why is Myra so jealous when it comes to Jordan and he's only her bestfriend? Any comments??)

Thank you Ton-TonEX I appreciate what you are doing. Plus, y'all should visit my gram @she.flyyy and my TikTok @ms_randomz