•8

Song for this chapter: (Wild dreams-Khalid)

•••

It has actually been two weeks since I've officially started dating Jordan damn I've never felt better but guilty at the same time. It feels like I'm dating my brother you know? I quickly push those thoughts away.

I've also learnt alot about him that I didn't actually know when we were besties. And we drive to school together every morning as normal couples do.

"Today's the big day?" I hear a voice coming from behind me.

"Huh?" I answer confusedly.

"Lester. Lester Davis" he says.

"Myra Reed." I offer him my hand as a friendly gesture. He shakes it and it takes a moment for me to retract my hand back ignoring the chills it sends down my spine.

He seems nice and good-looking.

Keyword: good-looking

But he ain't from our school so I take my time to study the guy.

"I'm actually new here" he says looking uncomfortable.

"I've noticed" he cracks me a smile and I've never seen a better one. Okay he's actually better than I thought.

"Come on, Let me show you around" I offer and without hesitating, he agrees.

So I close my locker and lead him towards the basketball court. I led him here purposely because its his first time here and they have a big game tonight. His team is playing against our school team.

His team is actually very good, one of our major rivals actually but we are definitely better.

"So this is where you'll have your game tonight." I explain.

"Cool" He simply answers.

Afterwards I take him to the changing room where his team members are. On our way there, we meet with shirtless creeps on the hallway. I'm not surprised because the guys need hook-ups for tonight and maybe others need a one- night stand!

So when we get there, my Jordan is standing on the doorway. He gives me a questioning look...and I offer him a reassuring smile.

"Hey babe!" He hooks his arm around my waist. Damn he looks hot when he's sweaty, probably due to practice for the game.

"Babe?" He calls me again, now looking worried but when I look at him, he smirks knowing that his shitless torso just caught me offguard.

"Yeah sorry." I quickly answer and he's smirk grows.

"Jordan, this is Lester" I say, "And Lester, this is my boyfriend, Jordan."

They both look at each other. "Well I know who he is" Jordan speaks first not dropping eye contact with Lester.

"Nice meeting you outside the court" Lester says as he comes close to us. Note the sarcasm.

"That's not such a good first impression now is it" Jordan's hand drops from my waist taking a step towards Lester.

"I'd stay away from her if I were you" he continues.

Lester just stares at him with an amused smirk on his lips.

"That's not so easy now..." he says looking at me then back to Jordan "is it?"

"I fucking mean it man. Stay Away From Her!" Jordan looks like he's about to throw a fit any time and today just isn't a day for that.

"Hey, c'mon let's go. You don't want to ruin your big day today. And class is starting any minute now." I lowly trying to avoid catching any more attention from the freaks in the hallway already looking our direction.

I try pulling Jordan away so we may head to class leaving Lester alone smirking at me like an idiot.

Its obvious though that our BRANFORD EAGLES are gonna win this game against THE ARCHERS.

The rest of the day goes uneventful and I'm glad because I'm in no mood for drama.

When classes end, I meet both Lester and Jordan at the parking lot. As usual, I catch a ride with Jordan but I don't miss the glares Lester was sending our way. My way.

"Hey guys!" I yell towards Jordan and Harley.

"Hi babe!" Jordan kisses me.

"Hey girl, wait what? Babe?" Harley asks surprised, confused you name it.

"I'll explain everything later." I cut her off walking towards Jordan's car. "Nah girl you going with me." She takes my hand practically dragging me to her car. She got it on her sixteenth birthday two years ago.

I didn't realise that Lester's car was a 2018 Chevloret spark. It was parked just beside Jordan's 2017 Jeep Renegade.

"That's your car?" I ask Lester who is already staring at me.

"Ummm...yeah" He answers bluntly.

I'm I the only one without a freaking car?

"Pretty much. That means you'll be riding with me everyday" Lester answers my thoughts earning a deadly glare from Jordan. Did I say that out loud?

"You are only 17 boo." Harley says pulling me towards her car. "Not for long" is all I say before getting in her car and closing the door.

"You have an explanation to make." She says as she gets in the driver's seat.

I don't understand what she means untill I look at her and follow her gaze, realizing that she was looking at Jordan who was already speeding off.

"Yeah whatever." Is all I say before we also leave the parking lot.

That's when my thoughts drift to Lester. A 6'3 guy with jet black curly hair, slightly long but not that much. He's a shade lighter than me with highly set emerald eyes and a strong jawline with defined cheekbones.

And there is something about this guy that screams trouble but I just can't find it in me to stay away from him.

I must admit, I have a limited circle of friends, and meeting a guy like him, definitely makes life a lot easier.

Harley and I head to my house to get ready for the game tonight. And that's all I need right now.

Could life get any worse?

•••

Author's note;
(Well? What do you think? Team Jordan or Team Lester??)

Check my socials...
▪gram: @she.flyyyy
▪TikTok: @ms_randomz