Chapter 4

Rosé was gathering the things she needed for work and whatnot in the apartment. She had work and was debating whether to go to the gym after or see if Jennie possibly wanted to get together. Jennie's friend had just left, so they hadn't gotten together for almost a week at this point. Rosé shouldn't be as disappointed as she was, really, so she chalked it up to her schedule being screwed up.

"Hey, how's it going?" Lisa asked walking into the apartment.

Rosé shrugged, not even looking at her friend. "Okay. How are you?"

"What are you doing after work?" Lisa asked, lightly shoving Rosé's shoulder.

The blonde looked at her friend with one eyebrow raised.

"You've been grumpy as fuck, please tell me you are going to see "Blue," Lisa begged. Both Jisoo and Lisa had started referring to Jennie as Blue since she wouldn't tell them anything about her fuck buddy.

Rosé rolled her eyes. "She's been busy and not the reason I'm grumpy. I'm just tired and the same profs that didn't bother having class the first day of the semester have decided to make my life miserable with the amount of work they are assigning. It is rather obnoxious, Mike claims he is still within the bounds of his syllabus because even though he is assigning more work, he is giving fewer points for each assignment so the overall points will stay the same. I get that profs can change things, but this is ridiculous."

Lisa cringed. "I had Mike for one class, I almost decked him."

Rosé nodded. "I feel you on that."

"Plus, his wife is a total hard-ass. I have had her for several of my classes. I'm fairly certain she has complete control in their relationship and that is why he is the way he is in class."

Rosé laughed.

"Still, what is going on with Blue?" Lisa asked.

Rosé looked at her phone to check the time, really not wanting to be in this conversation. "She's been busy, too."

Lisa smirked. "Does she have Mike, too? You know you can mix colors and study with her before you study her."

Rosé groaned and punched her shoulder. "I do not have time for a relationship," Rosé stated once again, hoping to finally break through the brunette's head.

"You know, there would be nothing wrong with that happening. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to change things around just to make time for each other," Lisa said.

Rosé turned to glare at her friend. "It isn't going to happen, so drop it." She grabbed her bag and left the apartment, completely irritated. Any time she spent with Lisa and/or Jisoo they had to bring up Jennie in one way or another and the history major was done with it.

∞∞∞∞

Jennie was moving around her apartment cleaning up. Irene was like a sister to her, and just like a sibling, she could be irritating as all get out. The girl couldn't help but leave a mess everywhere she went. Even so, they had had a fun time and Jennie was happy that she visited. It was nice to have someone to hang out with, Jennie even showed the older her office. Irene had of course suggested that it had plenty of room to have plenty of fun. Jennie had rolled her eyes and shushed her. The last thing she needed was for Jieun to walk by as Irene was teasing her about Rosé. Now, though, her best friend was gone, and all Jennie could think about is getting together with Rosé.

Not remembering what Rosé's schedule would have planned, other than being pretty sure she worked today, Jennie decided to text.

To R: Hey, I know you work today but I was wondering if you wanted to come over after. Irene is gone.