Chapter 18

Jennie and Rosé spent most of Christmas morning making love. Jennie didn't think she could ever be so happy, this was definitely one of the best Christmases that she has ever had, and it was only the morning. When they were finally able to pull themselves out of bed, they made breakfast together.

"So, what'd you get me?" Jennie asked teasingly as she took a bite of her eggs.

Rosé smirked at her. "I'm pretty sure I already gave you multiple orgasms. What more could you possibly want?"

Jennie laughed and shrugged. "What can I say? I'm greedy."

Rosé just smiled and shook her head. "You are the one that said we had to have breakfast before exchanging presents."

The artist sighed. "Dad always insisted. He claimed it was so I could focus on my presents and not have to be interrupted from playing to eat."

Rosé gave her a soft look. "Smart man."

Jennie let herself have a moment of reminiscence and felt a squeeze on her hand. Shaking herself from the memories, she looked at her girlfriend. She adored this woman. "Do you have any Christmas traditions?"

Rosé snorted and shook her head. "The gifts I usually received were more practical. Things I would need to improve my future. If I was struggling in a certain class in school, I was given either workbook on the subject or a schedule for tutoring. Sometimes I would get different sporting equipment, which I enjoyed. It was all really just practical. Then we would have dinner with the family, which was always a formal occasion." The blonde shrugged. "It was what it was."

Jennie's heart hurt thinking about how much pressure little Rosé must have felt to be the best. "Well, you are going to be introduced to some much better traditions now."

Rosé smirked again. "I'm pretty sure I have already immensely enjoyed one or two."

The brunette chuckled. "You and me both."

They finished their meal and cleaned up their dishes before Jennie dragged Rosé to the living room. They had actually put up a tree and decorated it on one of the few nights they had free together. Jennie had loved how Rosé loved it. No matter how much the blonde tried to hide her feelings, Jennie could tell she really enjoyed the decorating while jamming to Christmas music.

Jennie had Rosé sit on the couch and went to grab the presents that were under the tree. She was surprised to find something from Lisa and Jisoo. She lifted it and looked at Rosé questioningly.

"Jisoo gave it to me before we left. She insisted that we wait until Christmas to open it. I'm somewhat concerned it could be something with a timer," Rosé informed her.

Jennie frowned and considered just keeping it under the tree. Or maybe throwing it out the window. Instead, she added it to the pile in her hands and got up to sit next to Rosé on the couch.
"Okay, what would you like to open first?"

Rosé looked amazed at the several gifts that Jennie handed her. "Um, you tell me."

Jennie eyed the package from Jisoo and Lisa warily. "Should we attempt the possibly explosive device?"

Rosé chuckled. "Sure." She leaned over and kissed Jennie softly. "Just in case."

Jennie moved things around so she could cup her girlfriend's face and give her a firmer kiss. "I love you."

The blonde smiled. "I love you, too." She picked up the package and ripped open the wrapping. A nondescript box was all that was under the gift wrapping. She looked up at Jennie and shrugged. "Here goes nothing." She opened the box. "Jesus!"