Chapter 14

9k+ words ahead wasn't rly in the mood to reread it again soo if you see any random names just ignore it haha

The next morning, Rosé woke up to Jennie tucked under her chin and the brunette's body half on top of her. The memory of them exchanging "I love yous," replayed in her head making her smile and hold Jennie impossibly closer. She wasn't sure where they were going to go from here in their relationship, she just hoped they stayed together.

Rosé cursed as her alarm went off. She apparently had not remembered to turn it off the night before. Reaching out to her bedside table, she grabbed her phone and silenced the alarm. Jennie shifted in her arms and nuzzled into her neck. The blonde hoped that she had turned it off quickly enough for Jennie to not wake.

"Wha time is it?" Jennie mumbled sleepily.

"Time to get more sleep. Sorry about that," Rosé assured her, kissing the top of the artist's head.

Jennie shifted again. "Do you have to go to work?" she asked sleepily.

"No, I switched with someone. I wanted to be here for you," Rosé informed her.

The brunette lifted her head and kissed under the librarian's jaw. "I selfishly say thank you."

Rosé smiled and kissed her forehead.

"When do you have to work instead?" Jennie asked getting comfortable once more.

"Wednesday. I figured people would call off, anyway, to get home earlier, so it isn't a big deal," Rosé said.

Jennie shifted so that she is looking into Rosé eyes. "You aren't planning on staying here over Thanksgiving break, are you?"

"Well, I'm not exactly invited home. Lisa is going to Jisoo's, and though they invited me, I've been to Jisoo's once and it was enough," Rosé informed her.

"Are they all as crazy, as Jisoo?" the brunette asked.

Rosé chuckled. "Just the opposite, actually. Super religious. I think if she wasn't a complete genius and someone they could brag about, she wouldn't be welcomed home. She knows it, too, so she makes them as uncomfortable as possible. It would be hilarious if it didn't make me uncomfortable, too."

"Good thing she likes engineering and not evolutionary biology," Jennie said with a laugh.

Rosé laughed.

Jennie reached out to thread her fingers through Rosé's. "Well, you are more than welcome to come home with me. I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing, other than going to the gallery, but I'm sure at least one of my friends is having a Thanksgiving dinner that we could crash."

Rosé smiled. "I don't want to impose."

"It is not an imposition, in fact, I demand it," Jennie told her.

Rosé chuckled. "Well, since you are demanding it, I guess I will have to go with you."

Jennie grinned and leaned up to kiss the blonde's lips. She settled back into a comfortable position and sighed. "I should probably go see the state of my apartment and deal with my mother."

Rosé unthreaded their fingers to reach up and push a lock hair behind Jennie's ear. "Well, if your apartment is trashed, it wasn't me. I have a witness," she told her cheekily, earning an eye roll. More seriously, Rose asked, "Would you like me to go with you?"

"I would like that, but I think I should do this on my own. I don't know what I'm going to walk into," the artist replied.

"I'm just a call or text away," Rosé reminded her.