Chapter 16

Jennie was in her office grading some papers when Jack stepped in. "Can I help you, Mr.?"

"Oh, I'm sure you can. See, I am sure you know I have been struggling a bit in your class and I have been wondering how I could possibly gain a better grade. The issue I have been having is your tests and quizzes have been beyond what should be needed on this subject."

Jennie frowned at him, incensed by his jab at art history. "I'm fairly certain all of my tests and quizzes have consisted of questions from the material that I have lectured on and the materials that I have laid out in the syllabus I gave you at the beginning of the semester. Therefore, if you weren't prepared for the graded instances, that is on you."

The big man smirked at her. "I'm sure there is some other way I can gain extra credit."

Jennie narrowed her eyes at the student. "There have been three projects offered to gain extra credit. Which is quite generous of me, if I do say so myself. I also have my office hours posted in the syllabus and on my office door, so if you were needing help, I have been available. You have neither done any of the extra credit projects nor have you come in to ask questions about what you didn't understand. So, at this point, you just have one exam on our current unit's content, as well as the cumulative final exam. If you have questions, I am here to help. Other than that, you have wasted your opportunities."

Jack sneered at her. "You'll regret this," he said menacingly, placing his hands on her desk and bending towards her.

Jennie pursed her lips and nodded. "Not sure how you think threatening will make me give you a better grade."

"Hey, Dr. Kim," Lisa said breezing into the open door of Jennie's office. "Oops, sorry," the tall brunette said looking at the professor.

"Of course, it would be you that interrupts," Jack bit out.

"Uh, what?" Lisa questions, looking utterly confused.

The big man snarled and stomped out of the office.

Lisa turned to Jennie. "Uh, what?" she repeated.

Jennie shook her head. "It doesn't matter. What's up?"

"I have a few questions about the final. First, though, is everything okay?" Lisa said sitting in front of the professor.

Jennie was wary about what Jack said but knew it wouldn't be appropriate to discuss it with Lisa. "Yeah, nothing to worry about here. As for the final, I will be going over what to expect next lecture, along with a review for the current content's exam."

Lisa nodded looking at the professor suspiciously. "Right. Okay. Then I'll be back after the next lecture."

Jennie nodded. "I don't doubt it."

Lisa didn't get up, her eyes were still analyzing the professor.

"Something else I can help you with?" Jennie asked starting to feel uncomfortable under the student's scrutiny.

Lisa slowly got up from her seat and nodded. She turned and stepped towards the door, before abruptly turning back. "Jack is scum. If what he said is non-school related, no matter how much I don't like you as my prof, you are still my people and we take care of our own. If it does have to do with school, I'd say talking to Dr. Jieun is your best bet. I mean, even if you are just questioning things, cause, Jack is shady as fuck and I'd hate to see what would happen to Rosé if he did something to you. Especially, since it is him."

Jennie wasn't exactly sure how to take that statement. It seemed like Lisa was stuck between caring about her, while also being indifferent and just caring about Rosé. With all the confusion, Jennie decided to just nod, which luckily seemed to appease the taller brunette, as Lisa turned and left. The artist let out a relieved breath. She really wanted to talk things out with Rosé. She had a bad feeling that Jack was somehow hinting towards knowledge of their relationship, so she also worried that bringing Rosé into things would make it worse. Not that it would negatively affect them. Hell, Rosé's reputation would probably go up, and Jennie's might go down, but as Jieun had said, Rosé was a legal adult and not her student. Her mind was befuddled and now she knew she would never get these papers done. And seeing as her office hours were almost over anyway, she gathered all her work and more work that needed to be graded and headed out.