Chapter 12

After the confrontation with Jack, Jennie had upped the number of times they saw each other in a week. By this time, the artist was well aware she had become way too close to Rosé. She wanted her all. Of. The. Time. She wanted to make sure the blonde was okay. She wanted to feel Rosé next to her when she woke up. See those sleepy smiles, feel her warmth. Have long conversations with her about any and everything. The connection she found with Rosé scared the shit out of her. She was caught between wanting Rosé around all of the time and pushing her away because she isn't good enough for the blonde or her future.

Jennie sighed and tried to refocus on grading the papers she had. It was Tuesday, a little more than a week before Thanksgiving. The brunette really wanted to have everything graded before the holiday break. Nayeon had convinced her to start planning a show at the gallery the week before Christmas, so Thanksgiving was going to be filled to the brim with planning. Jennie was happy that her friend/gallery manager was so excited the artist was painting again, but Jennie was starting to think that she allowed herself to be talked into too much. Nayeon promised to take care of everything, but still...

Jennie was brought out of her musings by her phone ringing. Pulling the device out of her pocket, she groaned seeing her mother's name. Deciding to bite the bullet she answered. "Hello, Mom."

"Hi, Jennie. Am I interrupting anything?" Taeyeon asked.

Jennie sighed. After everything that happened during Fall Break, things with her mother ranged from more strained than usual, to awkward, to just plain weird. "I'm just working on some grading. What's up?"

"There is a medical conference this weekend in Daejeon. The person we had planned to attend had to back out, so I offered to go. I was hoping that we could get together for some meals. Maybe spend an evening together or you could show me where you work," Taeyeon informed her.

Jennie didn't know how she felt about this other than being relieved her mom didn't mention staying with her. "I'm sure we can work something out."

"Excellent. I will let you know when I get there," Taeyeon told her.

"Okay," Jennie acknowledged before ending the call. The brunette really hoped that she could get things done this weekend and not have to be at her mother's beck and call the entire time. This also meant she most likely wouldn't get to see Rosé. Now irritated, she went back to grading papers.

∞∞∞∞

Rosé was worried about Jennie. Ever since the brunette had announced her mother was coming to the conference this weekend, she had been completely scattered. Rosé wished she could do something to help, especially after Taeyeon had announced she would be staying at Jennie's apartment Saturday night due to an alleged booking issue at the hotel. She had spent most of her free time during the week at Jennie's, getting her homework done while Jennie either graded or painted. Most of the paintings exuded anger and irritation, and though Rosé would never tell the artist, they kind of creeped her out with all the black and red slashed across the canvas.

Now it was Friday and Rosé was at work. She and Jennie had texted throughout the day, the brunette letting her know that she was going to have dinner with Taeyeon, so she may be in need of alcohol later. Generally, this would be something to laugh at, like when Lisa or Jisoo complained about their parents. Lisa was usually just complaining about having to hear about her older sister who apparently was a saint and everything that Lisa was not, i.e. nice. She would always say how she needed to drink the holy away. It was amusing, and Rosé and Jisoo usually joined in. Rosé less so, though oftentimes she wished she had drunk more when the couple got into their "unholy" activities later in the night. With Jennie, though, Rosé would be sure to pick up a bottle of rum on the way home from work, just in case.