If I could break the spell, I'd shake the gates of Hell

A/N; This is fiction, what I know about law enforcement comes from the many true crime shows, and books I've read, and fictional cops on tv, and in books. So suspend your disbelief, I've spent way too much time googling things FBI agents do, and how long they train for and all that shit. I'm probably on a watchlist now thanks to my constant weird google questions. It is what it is, in my mind Duskwood isn't in this world anyway, it's an alternate version of this world with slightly different rules. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Let me know what you guys think! Thank you for all the love you've shown my little story. I love every comment I get and they make my day! Song for this chapter is Self Sabotage by Ruelle!

SEE END FOR MORE NOTES BUT DO NOT READ THEM UNTIL YOU'VE FINISHED THE CHAPTER!!!

"I built these walls so tall pretending I am strongBut really I'm just fragileI wanna keep you close enoughBut far enough away for me to handle

But really I'm just fragile
I wanna keep you close enough
But far enough away for me to handle

Just when I think that the monster is tamed
I hear it whisper,
"You haven't changed"
At the end of the day
There is no one to blame but me

Self sabotage

Shot of friendly fire on my way down

Self sabotage

Guess I'm always gonna be
My own worst enemy

There's nothing in the water
I'm just known to make it harder
When it should be easy

The deeper we go, the farther I run
Don't wanna be who I've become"

Self Sabotage – Ruelle
******

MANON

Manon stumbled downstairs far too early on Thursday, catching a glimpse of Steve snoring away on the sofa in the living room as she aimed for the kitchen for some much needed caffeine. She didn't think Jake had slept last night, he'd been up and working long before her. As she walked into the kitchen Manon realized she wasn't the only one up and soon discovered Richy was as cheery first thing as he was all day long. But he had made coffee, so he got points for that. She managed to smile back before turning her back on him and filling her cup with coffee and creamer. She took a mouthful and bit back a moan at how good it was, Richy would be in charge of the coffee machine from now on. She turned to tell him exactly that.