Let me show you how to touch my trigger

A/N: Begins late Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, after midnight at least, a smutty distraction. Wednesday. The Pine Glade festival officially begins in town but Manon is busy trying to find out why Paul Rogers is involved.

Thank you so much for reading the last chapter and taking the time to comment. You're the sort of readers I never dreamed I'd have.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Smutty beginning and ends with... well, you'll see!

"It's a shot in the darkI'm not a walk in the park I come loaded with the safety switched offThis girl is a gunAnd we been having some funAnd I can show you if you turn the lights on

I'm not a walk in the park
I come loaded with the safety switched off
This girl is a gun
And we been having some fun
And I can show you if you turn the lights on

I keep waiting for luck to come swallow me up
I feel better when the boys stop callin'
I keep fallin' in love
But this measuring cup
Is overflowing with the same damn problems

This girl is a gun
Before you know it
It's done
And you'll be wishing that you crossed your fingers
Oh, but God, is it fun
When you can have more than one
So let me show you how to touch my trigger"

Girl is a Gun - Halsey
*******

Manon

Tuesday night brought a granite-purple sky that faded into seamless black. The curtain of storm clouds was so thick she couldn't see the stars as she closed the windows in the room. She'd known it was going to rain and had felt the charge in the air earlier that day. The first silver-gold fissures of brilliant light fractured the velvet sky as if it had been struck by the fist of an almighty God. It was beautiful, in a way, but she closed the curtains and put her back to the storm outside.

Edgy, pissed off, and unlikely to sleep any time soon, Manon paced her bedroom floor. She muttered vehemently under her breath, wishing she'd never gone into town earlier that day. Jake was in the shower, she had gone in first while he'd been busy on his phone. Dressed in nothing but her favorite silk robe, she couldn't stand being in her own skin and wished she could take Jake and disappear from this shithole in a puff of dark smoke. Her fingers toyed with the sash tied around her waist, fiddling and picking at the knot absentmindedly as she tried and failed to piece together why Paul Rogers was involved in this.

It was a futile task. Everything she came up with was either wildly out of the realm of possibility or too mundane for a man to assist in the kidnap of his only son. She heard the shower shut off and schooled her features. She shook her hands to relieve the tingling tension shooting through her body and halted her pacing, knowing he'd force her to talk about it. There was nothing she could do at this time of night, everyone else was already asleep, and there was no work she could distract herself with. Jake's quiet footsteps as he made his way to the bathroom door broke her out of her depressing thoughts, and her mind went down a darker, carnal path.