Whose eyes am I behind? I don't recognise anything that I see

A/N: Saturday. Jake makes himself useful and raids Alan's computer before him, Manon and Jessy visit the Aurora!

Okay. One. I know absolutely fuck all about hacking or computers. I don't even understand how the Cloud works. So I went to the university of Google and spoke to my dad, who is a bit of a genius with computers. Still don't understand it, so it's vague. You aren't here for technical shit anyway🤣

Two... I tried.

"Can you save me from this world of mineBefore I get myself arrested with this expectation?You are the oneLook what you've doneWhat have you done?This is not some kind of jokeYou're just a kid

Before I get myself arrested with this expectation?
You are the one
Look what you've done
What have you done?
This is not some kind of joke
You're just a kid

You weren't ready for what you did, no

And when the world is on its knees
With me, it's fine
And when I come to the rescue
I do it for you
Time after time
Everybody seems to be getting what they need
Where's mine?
'Cause you're what I need so very

But I'm anything but ordinary

I think I'm trying to save the world for you
You've been saving me, too
We should just stay in and save each other
I'm anything but ordinary"

Ordinary - Train
*******

Jake

When they hear the word' hacker,' most people have an image of a shadowed agent of chaos, a modern-day Robin Hood, out to right the wrongs of the rich and powerful. Or they think of someone infecting your computer from thousands of miles away to steal your money, identity, or nude photos. They are seen as machines with a singular focus, analytical, and close to genius, but the reality is greyer. As brilliant as hackers could be, most had the same flaw as he did, a brain that couldn't comprehend emotions and the value of empathy until they needed to use it to further their ambitions. But they still didn't understand the emotions they emulated to twist things toward the desired outcome. He struggled to read emotions in text and sometimes in reality. Unable to sense anything but calculated manipulation when he was in that zone, his world shrank to the size of the screens in front of him. He had to throw off his humanity and morals for the greater good. Others like himself let the empathetic part of their brain decline and wane as they trained themselves to feel and think nothing except determination. It stunted them, and he was still learning it wasn't a flaw to feel things and care about something other than getting through whatever wall they kept bouncing off.

Thanks to the power of Hollywood, people believe that hacking is filled with adrenaline-fuelled moments of breaking through anything in their way in a matter of seconds. Usually set to intense music and shots of the hero trying to beat the clock rapidly running down. It's always exciting, and success is a given. In the movies, they rarely fail. But that's different from what it was for most. In reality, hacking was hours, days, and weeks spent waiting, thinking, and waiting again. It's tedious and frustrating. Most of his time was spent scrolling through social media, cataloging the details people openly shared, not realizing someone like him could use them to take control of their lives. It was scary how easily a password or home address could be found just by looking through their posts. Failing that and sick of waiting for Alan to slip, Jake had chosen the simplest form of hacking to get what he needed.