Chapter 1: Introduction

——————————👑——————————

A beautiful music box sat on a table playing soft and gentle music. Eventually it closed and a woman picked it up and put it in her purse before exiting the room.

She made her way outside and into a very fancy carriage that carried her down the street.

"There was a time, not very long ago, when we lived in an enchanted world of elegant palaces, and grand parties."

The carriage pulled inside a grand magnificent gate, that led to a huge, beautiful palace.

"The year was 1916. And my son, Nicholas, was the Czar of Imperial Russia."

...

Inside the Palace, a large party was taking place. There were dozens of guests on the dance floor, and everyone was dressed in elegant clothing. In the very front, a young boy was dancing with his father, while his mother watched, clapping along.

"We were celebrating the 300th anniversary of our family's rule."

The little boy playfully stuck his tongue out as he danced. Eventually, he broke away from his parents and climbed up the stairs.

"And that night, no star burned brighter than that of our sweet Alexander. My youngest grandson."

Alexander rushed up and handed his grandmother a drawing. Behind them, a young boy named Dimitri was looking at them, holding the hand of a girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair, (s/c) skin and big (e/c) eyes.

His little sister (Y/n) had wanted to see the party and Dimitri managed to sneak them both up so she could.

"Demy! Look!" The little girl squealed and pointed at all the beautiful decorations and the people dressed in fancy outfits.

"It's all so pretty!" She gasped bouncing on her toes excitedly. "I wish I could be a princess."

Dimitri laughed at her silly behavior. "Don't worry (Y/n). You'll be a princess one day."

"Really?! You think so?" She asked, her eyes growing wide.

"Of course I do." He smiled and kissed her cheek as she giggled.

Alexander looked over his grandmother's shoulder and noticed the young girl. He had seen her around the Palace a few times, and always thought about asking her to play with him, but she always seemed to disappear when he tried to get close to her.

Her eyes landed on his and she let out a small gasp, afraid she would be in trouble for being in here. Instead, Alexander blushed and gave her a warm smile. She smiled back and waved.

"Alexander begged me to not return to Paris. So I had a very special gift made for him. To make the separation easier for both of us."

Alexander's grandmother pulled out the small music box and held it out for him.

"For me?" He asked in shock.

Suddenly, a butler spotted Dimitri and (Y/n).

"What are you two doing up here?! You both belong in the kitchens!" He grabbed Dimitri and (Y/n) by their wrists and started dragging them away.