Chapter 3: Leaving the Orphanage

——————————👑——————————

A large building stood surrounded by trees, and covered in snow and multiple children's voices could be heard from inside. There was a big sign on the door that read 'People's Orphanage'

"I got you two a job in the fish factory." A grumpy looking old woman told two people.

She hobbled along outside explaining to the two how they get there.

"You go straight down this path until you get to the fork in the road. Go left..."

"Bye!"

"Bye everybody!"

Two adults were waving to the kids looking out of the windows. One was a boy, and one was a girl.

The boy had short red hair and blue eyes and was wearing ragged pants and boots, a baggy shirt, and a very heavy coat, a scarf, fingerless gloves, and a hat.

The girl had (h/l) (h/c) hair, and pretty (e/c) eyes. She was wearing worn out boots, black tights and a baggy dress, and also had a very large overcoat, fingerless gloves and a hat.

It was Prince Alexander and Dimitri's long lost little sister, (Y/n). Only, they didn't know that anymore.

The only thing they can remember is waking up on the floor of a train station next to each other with amnesia.

Thanks to Alexander, (Y/n)'s amnesia wasn't as severe as his. She still remembered her name, and she had the faintest memory of having a brother. She couldn't remember what his name was, or what he looked like, but she remembered that he loved her. Everything else was a blank.

Unlike (Y/n), Alexander had no recollection of who he was, or if he had any family. All he knows is that he woke up and found himself looking into the eyes of the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He had no memory of ever seeing her before, and yet she felt...familiar.

(Y/n) was the one who gave him the name Alex, since he couldn't remember his own. She said she felt like the name suited him. And the two have been together ever since and have always looked out for each other.

"Are you two listening?!" The old woman snapped.

"We're listening Comrade Phlegmenkof." Alex sighed.

The woman grabbed him by the scarf. "You've been a thorn in my side since you were brought here." She pulled him along by the scarf, and harshly grabbed (Y/n)'s wrist.

"You and your stupid, ugly lady friend!"

"Hey! Don't talk about her like that!" Alex yelled at her.

"Acting like the King of Sheba. Instead of the nameless no account you are!"

She released them and went to open the gate.

"And for the last ten years, I've fed you, I've clothed you, kept a roof over your heads." The woman ranted not noticing (Y/n) copying her, making her friend snicker.

Until Phlegmenkof turned and saw them.

"How is it you two don't have a clue as to who you were before you came to us, but you can remember all that?"

"But I do have a clue..." the boy touched his necklace.

"Ack! I know!" She grabbed the necklace. " 'Together in Paris.' So, you want to go to France to find your family?" She asked.

The boy nodded.

"Mister Alex, it's time for you and miss (Y/n) to take your place in life." She pushed them out of the gate. "In life, and in line and be grateful too!"