Chapter 10: Paris

——————————👑——————————

The group was on their way to Sophie's house and Dimitri was giving Alex a last minute quiz.

"Where was Uncle Boris from?"

What if Sophie doesn't recognize me?" Alex asked, ignoring the question.

"She will. Your Alexander." He reminded him.

"It's just..."

"What's wrong Alex?" (Y/n) asked.

"Three days ago I didn't have any past at all, and now I'm trying to remember an entire lifetime."

"That's why you got me." Dimitri said. "Now, where was Uncle Boris from?"

"Moscow?"

...

Vlad knocked on the door and a maid opened it to greet him.

"Oui, monsieur?"

Suddenly, she was shoved out of the way by a plump, curvy woman with short blonde hair, who posed seductively in the doorway.

"Sophie Stanislovskievna Somorkov-Smirnoff!" Vlad exclaimed.

"Vladimir Vanya Voinitsky Vasilovich." She held out her hand and Vlad began kissing it. "Well this is unexpected. Oh, but look at me where are my manners. Come in, come in, everyone. I'm palpitating with amazement, and shock and surprise. All three."

She lead them inside the house, accidentally locking Pooka outside.

"May I present his Imperial Highness the Grand Duke Alexander Nicholas Romanov!" Vlad announced, pushing Alexander forward.

"Oh my goodness." Sophie circled him. "He certainly does look like Alexander. But so did many of the others."

Alex started looking a bit nervous, so (Y/n) stepped forward and grabbed his hand for comfort.

"Where we're you born?" Sophie asked.

"At the Peterhoff Palace." He answered.

"Correct."

"And how does Alexander like his tea?"

"I don't like tea. Just hot water and lemon."

...

A few hours had passed and Alex had answered all the questions perfectly. They were sitting in Sophie's drawing room, when she asked her final question.

"Finally you'll most likely find this an impertinent question, but indulge me. How did you escape during the siege of the palace?"

From behind them, Dimitri turned away and sighed. They hadn't gone over that and he was sure they were going to fail.

Alex thought for a moment, and then he spoke. "There was a boy...a boy that worked in the Palace...he opened a wall..."

"A boy opening a wall?" Sophie asked in confusion.

Alex chuckled. "I'm sorry, that's crazy. Walls opening..."