Chapter 4: Journey to the Past

——————————👑——————————

Alex and (Y/n) continued down the path, still following the little dog. Alex had put (Y/n) down and they were walking side by side.

"Alex, are you sure this is a good idea? I know you want to find your family and all, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high." (Y/n) warned.

"Well, it can't hurt to try. Better than working at a fish factory." He shrugged.

"But...what if we don't find the people we're looking for?"

Alex paused in his tracks and looked down the path with hope in his eyes.

Alex: "Heart, don't fail me now! Courage, don't desert me! Don't turn back now that we're here."

Alex took a few more steps forward and held his hands out for (Y/n). The girl placed her hands in his and he smiled.

Alex: "People always say life is full of choices. No one ever mentions fear! Or how the world can seem so vast on a journey ... to the past."

Alex started walking backwards pulling (Y/n) along with him as she smiles at him.

Alex: "Somewhere down this road, I know someone's waiting. Years of dreams just can't be wrong!"

Alex pulled (Y/n) forward by her hands and embraced her in a bear hug, and started swaying them back and forth.

Alex: "Arms will open wide. We'll be safe and wanted. Finally home where we belong."

Alex picked (Y/n) up by her waist and started spinning her around.

Alex: "Well, starting now, we're learning fast. On this journey to the past."

He set the girl down back on the ground and grabbed her hand again, running down the path.

...

Eventually they came across a house and the little dog started playing chase with the children who lived there.

Alex: "Home, Love, Family. There was once a time we must have had them, too."

The family waved them goodbye as the three continued.

Alex: "Home, Love, Family. I will never be complete until I find you..."

Alex picked up the dog in one arm and twirled (Y/n) around with the other arm.

Alex: "One step at a time, one hope, then another, who knows where this road may go."

Alex and (Y/n) came across a fallen log, and Alex climbed on it, taking off his hat and letting his hair flow free.

Alex: "Back to who we were, on to find our futures."

Alex held out his hand and helped (Y/n) up onto the log. She walked across in front of him, while he kept his hands steady on her waist.

Alex: "Things our hearts still need to know."

Alex jumped off the log and started kicking up snow as he walked. (Y/n) smiled softly at how cute and happy he looked.