Chapter 11: Truth Revealed

——————————👑——————————

Dimitri sat on the stairs in the opera house watching Vlad pace back and forth.

"We don't have anything to be nervous about." He reassured him. "He's the Prince."

Vlad sat next to Dimitri. "I know, I know..."

Dimitri stood up. "No, no you don't know. I was the boy in the Palace. The one who opened the wall. He's the real thing Vlad."

Vlad sat there with his mouth open in shock. "That means...our Alex has found his family. We have found the heir to the Russian throne."

Vlad suddenly realized something else. "And if you opened the wall...and (Y/n)'s brother opened the wall...that means...!"

"She's really my sister." Dimitri finished.

"And you-!"

"Will walk out of her life forever." Dimitri interrupted.

"But..."

Dimitri held up his hand. "She'll want to stay here with Alex. I don't want to hold her back."

"I know but-!"

"We're going to go through with this as if nothing has changed."

"You have got to tell them." Vlad insisted.

"Tell us what?" A voice asked.

Vlad and Dimitri turned to see (Y/n) standing there in a blue fuzzy coat, holding onto Alex's arm which was covered up by a fancy black suit.

"How-how amazing you both look."

"Oh, thank you." (Y/n) smiled.

Alex lead her inside and Sophie caught up with Vlad, and the two of them went in together as Dimitri followed.

...

When they had gotten inside, (Y/n) handed her coat to someone and walked up the stairs. She waited at the top for Alex to take his coat off.

Once he had, he looked up at the stairs and his jaw dropped. Underneath the blue fur coat, she was wearing a beautiful strapless dress with a sheer glittery cape at the back.

Alex's eyes trailed all over her body finally landing on her face. She motioned for Alex to come up the stairs with her and he blinked and snapped out of his trance. He practically flew up the stairs and held out an arm for her to guide her into the theater.

...

Alex, (Y/n), Vlad and Dimitri took their seats and Dimitri took out a small pair of binoculars. He searched for the Empress and handed the binoculars to Alex.

"There she is."

Alex looked through them and spotted an older woman sitting next to Sophie.

"Please let her remember me..." he sighed.

The lights dimmed and the play began. Alex was so nervous that he kept twisting his playwright in his hands. Then he started tearing it up into little pieces.

(Y/n) noticed this and reached down to take his hand in hers. He looked over at her and she leaned into his ear.

"Don't worry. Everything's going to be fine." She whispered.

He blushed and nodded, going back to focusing on the play, squeezing her hand.

Once the intermission started, Dimitri leaned over to (Y/n) and Alex. "Come on, it's time."