Chapter 7: Runaway Train

——————————👑——————————

The train sped forward on the tracks, black smoke puffing into the air.

Inside their train car, Vlad was forging their traveling papers with Pooka next to him. Alex sat across from Vlad and (Y/n) sat next to him in the window seat, gazing at the passing scenery.

Dimitri placed the bag in the overhead compartment and tried to sit next to Vlad but almost ended up sitting on Pooka who growled at him.

"Hmm, mutt gets the window seat." He commented.

Dimitri sat next to Alex and glanced at over at him and saw he was touching his necklace.

"Stop fiddling with that thing, and sit up straight. Remember, you're a Grand Duke. And (Y/n) stop staring out the window and pay attention!"

(Y/n) rolled her eyes at him and Alex slumped further down in his seat, making (Y/n) smile a little.

"How is it that you know what Grand Duke's do or don't do?" (Y/n) asked.

"I make it my business to know." He replied.

"Oh."

"Look, I'm just trying to help, alright?"

Alex sat up. "Dimitri, do you really think I'm royalty?" He asked.

"You know I do." He responded.

"Then my first decree is for you to stop bossing me around, and that (Y/n) can look out the window as much as she wants." He said smugly, turning away from him.

Dimitri groaned and scowled.

Vlad let out a chuckle. "He certainly has a mind of his own."

"Yeah, I hate that." Dimitri said.

Alex stuck his tongue out at him when he wasn't looking and (Y/n) chuckled.

Vlad smiled and took out a piece of paper. One side said Dimitri and the other said Alex and (Y/n). He put a mark on (Y/n) and Alex's side which had more marks than Dimitri.

...

Dimitri walked back into the car that just had (Y/n) and Alex in it. (Y/n) was reading a book and Alex was laying on the seat with his head on her lap, his hat covering his eyes.

Dimitri sat across from them and cleared his throat. "Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot."

"Well, I think we did too." Alex agreed.

"Okay."

"But we appreciate your apology." (Y/n) added.

"Apology? Who said anything about an apology? I was just saying-!"

Alex lifted his hat up. "Please, don't talk anymore. Can't you see the lady is trying to read?" Alex interrupted, gesturing to (Y/n) who was hiding her smile and her blush behind the book.

"Fine. Fine, I'll be quiet. I'll be quiet if you will."

"Alright. We'll be quiet." (Y/n) agreed.