Chapter 2: Rumor in Saint Petersburg

——————————👑——————————

TEN YEARS LATER...

People hustled along the street to get to their jobs, most of them very unhappy about it.

Man: "St. Petersburg is gloomy."

Woman: "St. Petersburg is bleak."

Old Man: "My underwear got frozen from standing here all week."

The man shook off all the icicles that had grown on him.

...

People were lining up to do their punch cards.

Chorus: "Oh, since the revolution our lives have been so gray."

Chorus: "Thank goodness for the gossip that gets us through the day."

Chorus: "Hey!"

Chorus: "Have you heard? There's a rumor in St. Petersburg?"

...

A plump looking man wearing a red coat and glasses passed by a news stand.

Chorus: "Have you heard what they're saying on the street?"

A man held out a newspaper in front of the man in the red coat that had the headline 'Alexander Lives' on it.

Newspaper Salesman: "Although the Czar did not survive, one child may be still alive!"

Chorus: The Prince Alexander!

A soldier on a horse crossed his arms and glared at them.

Newspaper Salesman: But please do not repeat!

The man in the red coat ran through the crowds passing a bunch of people.

Chorus: It's a rumor, a legend, a mystery, something whispered in an alleyway or through a crack!

Chorus: It's a rumor that's part of our history.

People approached a stand were a lady was selling Alexander snow globes

Saleswoman: They say his royal Grandmama will pay a hefty sum.

Chorus: To someone who can bring the prince back!

The man in the red coat passed a man wearing a black coat and a hat that hid his brown hair. It was Dimitri. Only he was taller and much older. When his friend walked by him, he whistled to get his attention.

"Vlad!" He called.

The man named Vlad turned around and his face brightened when he saw Dimitri coming towards him.

"Dimitri!" He greeted.

The two whispered to each other for a moment, before walking past multiple people selling things.