Chapter 8: Royal Lessons

——————————👑——————————

Rasputin was watching the whole scene through the Reliquary. When he saw his plan had failed, he yanked on his beard and howled in frustration.

"Nooooooooo!!!"

Bartok grabbed his wrist and tried to calm him down. "Wow, hey take it easy there. You know, sir, really you should watch your blood pressure. My nephew Izzie just keeled over one day, mid-mango. Stress. it's a killer sir. And he's a fruit bat, no meat, no blood even."

"How could they let him escape!?" Rasputin shouted.

"Ha wow ... Ah, you're right. It's very upsetting sir." Bartok picked up the Reliquary. "Eh, I guess this Reliquary thing's broken."

He tossed it over his shoulder and Rasputin gasped and dove for it. He caught it in his hand and grabbed Bartok and glared at him, furiously.

"I sold my soul for this. My life, my very existence depends on it, and you almost destroyed it!" He explained.

"I get it, I get it. You break it, you bought it."

"See that you remember, you miserable rodent." Rasputin tossed Bartok aside and looked at the Reliquary.

Bartok landed on his back and crossed arms in annoyance. "Oh, sure, blame the bat. What the heck we're easy targets always hanging..."

"What are you muttering about?" Rasputin groaned.

"Alexander, sir. Just wishing I could do the job for you, sir. I'd give him a ha! Then hiya! Then a woo-Ah!" Bartok said, pretending to beat someone up. "And then I'd kick him sir."

"Oh, I have something else in mind. Something more enticing, something really cruel."

...

With the train destroyed, the group now had to walk.

"Are we walking to Paris?" (Y/n) asked.

"We'll take a boat in Germany." Dimitri told her.

"Oh. Then we're walking to Germany." Alex concluded.

"No, your Grace. We're taking a bus." Dimitri said.

"Oh a bus. That's nice."

Once they crossed a little bridge they stopped to rest for a moment.

"Sophie, my dear! Vlad is on his way!" Vlad announced.

"Who's Sophie?" (Y/n) asked.

"Who is Sophie? She's a tender little morsel." Vlad sighed.

Dimitri waved his hand across his neck. "Vlad!" He harshly whispered.

Vlad didn't get the hint and kept talking. "A cup of hot chocolate after a long walk in the snow."

Dimitri grabbed Vlad's arm. "Vlad, Xnay on the Ophiesay.

Vlad grabbed Dimitri's other hand and dipped him down.

"She's a decadent pastry filled with whipped cream and laughter."

"Is this a person or a cream puff?" Alex asked, making (Y/n) laugh.

Vlad tossed Dimitri to the ground. "She is the Empress's ravishing first cousin."

"But, I thought we were going to see the Empress herself. Why are we going to see her cousin?" Alex asked.

Vlad was too busy prancing around happily to answer.

(Y/n) crossed her arms and turned to Dimitri. "Dimitri?"