Chapter 9: Bad Dream

——————————👑——————————

The large boat sailed across the water heading for Paris.

Dimitri held up a dress in front of (Y/n). It was (f/c) and had white along the collar and at the end of the sleeves.

"Here. I bought you a dress." He announced.

(Y/n) giggled and picked held up the skirt of the dress.

"You bought me a...tent." She said looking into the skirt.

Dimitri looked down the collar of the dress.

"What are you looking for?" He asked.

"The Russian circus. I think it's still in here." She joked.

Dimitri tossed the dress at her. "Come on. Just try it, it's your favorite color."

(Y/n) stated at him. "How did you know this is my favorite color?"

"Uh...lucky guess? J-Just put it on." He turned to walk away.

"Thank you!" (Y/n) called after him.

Dimitri paused on the stairs and turned back to her. "You're welcome." He said.

...

Dimitri and Vlad were playing chess, while Alex watched, dressed in a better looking suit that Vlad had gotten him. He looked very bored.

Vlad moved one of his pieces. "Checkmate." He said.

(Y/n) appeared behind them wearing the dress, and her hair was brushed and looked neater. She cleared her throat to get their attention.

Vlad looked up and he smiled. "Wonderful!" He walkes over to her and took her hand.

Alex stared at (Y/n) with wide eyes and flushed cheeks. She looked beautiful.

"Where'd you get that dress?" Alex asked.

"Oh, Dimitri got it for me."

"Oh." Alex's face twitched in annoyance. While she did look amazing, Alex wasn't overly fond of another man buying her things. He should be the one spoiling her.

"And now you two are dressed for a ball. And you will learn to dance for one as well." Vlad grabbed (Y/n)'s arm and dragged her over to Alex.

"Oh, are you sure you want me to practice with him, I'm not very good." (Y/n) told him.

Alex took her hand. She looked up at him and he gave her an encouraging smile. Her nerves seemed to disappear and she smiled back at him. Alex grabbed her waist and (Y/n) placed a hand on his shoulder, and they started dancing.

"And, one two three, one two three, one two three...no, no. (Y/n), you don't lead. Let him."

(Y/n) nodded, and they kept dancing together.

"That dress is really beautiful on you Sunshine." Alex complimented.

"Do you really think so?" She asked.

"Of course. Everything looks beautiful on you."

"Thank you Alex. That's very sweet." (Y/n) smiled sweetly.

"You're really pretty too." He added.

The two of them seemed to be in a trance, just staring into each other's eyes.

"You're not so bad yourself." She joked.

"I've always thought you were...beautiful..." Alex whispered.