31.

Kairi Noel Carter

"Ahhh  it's a bad bitch's birthday next week!" I squealed sticking my tongue out. "You're turning eighteen sis."

"I knowwww! Im so fuckin hype. We finna turn up!" Zoey smiled.

"What are you planning on doing?" I asked popping my gum while staring at my reflection on Zoey's mirror.

"Ouu girl!" She squealed taking a seat next to me on the floor in front of her mirror." So my parents let me rent out that skiing place for the weekend! I done invited the whole of senior class too!"

"Ohh my goshhh!"

"And that's not even the best part yet. In the lodge me, you, Kofi and Romeo are staying there over the night. So in the morning we go skiing and the party will be in the lodge." Zoey explained.

"Im happy for you baby!" I said pulling her into a hug. "But..."

"But what?" She exclaimed.

"I don't know about the Kofi and I being in the same room part, that nigga hates me."

"Girl its my rules, can't he put his differences aside only for next week?"

Just as i was about to speak the door swung open revealing Zoey's mother. "Sweetheart look who's here" she said moving to the side letting Rachel in.

She had on a last season's cropped turtleneck and jeans as well as a cap. God knows how much I've had it with this girl.

"Hey Zoey!" She squealed before staring me down

"Hey Zoey!" She squealed before staring me down. "Kairi"

"Hey bitch what brings you over!" Zoey exclaimed "Um hey" i added looking at my nails.

"Can't a bitch visit her best bitch?"

"Im fucking with you bitch make yourself at home!"

Throwing herself on Zoey's bed she laid there for a minute or so before she began talking.

"Is he coming?" She asked looking over at Zoey who just nodded her head yea.

"Who?" I asked scrunching my face up confused.

Rolling her eyes in annoyance she sighed taking a hand full of my chips into her mouth.

"I'm not talking to you and besides It's none of your business."

"Girls! Can y'all please put your differences aside for me just today." Zoey said giving me puppy eyes and pouting.

"Okayyy!" I squealed looking at her smiling.

"Rolling her eyes again. "Fine only because you made me do it."

"Sooo Romeo and I did it yesterday!" She whispered just loud enough for us to hear her.

I chocked on my drink. "You sneaky little bitch!" I cheesed like a proud mama.

"Yeah right. He took advantage of you right? Were you drunk? That beaner!"

"Hey watch it! I never use the N-word but you out here calling my man the B-WORD!" Looking at Rachel through the mirror causing us to have an eye contact i added "FYI Romeo is black!"

"Still not talking to you," she began rolling her eyes. "Zoey you've been my best friend since middle school and it would hurt me seeing you turn out like this. You know you can tell me if he forced himself onto you right?"

"What no! We were both on our right state of mind, why does it feel like you want him to force himself on me."

"Can't you at least try to be nice for once." I said rolling my eyes. "Details sis DETAILS!!"

"That pig!"

"Rachel! How come you get to do it whenever you want but when its me it's ohh she's raped."

"That's because you deserve more than Romeo's drug consuming ass. You may or may not know this but I love you. You're like a sister I've never had. Every since you arrived in the States i made a vow to myself to always be there for you."

"Did she say she needs your protection?"

"No! But-"

"But nothing i can't believe you right now. You're supposed to be there for me instead you're against me."