33.

Kairi Noel Carter 7:00pm

"Kairi dinner's ready!" I heard my mother call out downstairs.

"Coming!"

I tied my wet curly hair into a messy bun and changed from an oversized shirt i was wearing into something appropriate enough for my mother.

Jogging down the stairs i bumped into my brother who just smiled at me biting his bottom lip causing me to roll my eyes in annoyance.

It was lawfully awkward giving that we had sex right under our mother's nose.

Sitting across my brother at the table as our mother said grace over the food. I couldn't necessarily close my eyes because when i did i could feel my brother's eyes on me as he drew circles on my hand with his thumb.

"Amen." We all said as we let go of each other's hands and we began eating.

"Are y'all excited for school tomorrow?" Mother busted squealing taking a piece of steak in her mouth.

"T-tomorrow?"

"Ma I thought i was only going in on Thursday after my one week suspension ends." I said looking at her as if she was retarded.

"Yes tomorrow!" She huffed. "I had some strings to pull and reminded them what my money does at that school."

"Hello! Have you seen my face? All them shawties finna look at me funny."

"You made your bed fighting that boy. Nobody's staying in tomorrow."

"But ma look at my fa-"

"But nothing sweetie, you look amazing Sincere." She smiled cutting another piece of steak.

"And ohh i will personally be taking you both to school since SOMEONE decided not to go to school the other day."she said locking her eyes with Kane.

Kane gasped in shock. "Ma i can explain."

"Don't you think it's too late for that baby?"

The room fell quite and all you could hear was the sounds of plates clinking and my brother's loud chewing.

I fell sick to my stomach knowing that i came onto him earlier on and when I lifted my eyes from my plate they met with a smiling Kane.

"Boy wipe that smug off your face." Mother said shooting a look at Kane.

"Y-yes ma'am."

"You're so quite what's wrong sweetie?" Mother said looking at me.

"Nothing, I'm just tired that's all." I fake smiled at her as i took another piece of steak.

"Is it ?"

"YES! If that's all can i please be excused I'm not feeling too well."

Getting up from my seat i made my way to the spiral staircase and began making my way to my bedroom.

The next day

Kane Sincere Carter
I woke up to my sister's angelic voice singing in the shower.

Pulling the covers off me i got into my yeezy slides and began making my bed before walking to the other bathroom downstairs.

After a 15 minute long shower I wrapped up my waist with a town and made my way back to room and got into white basketball shorts and a grey true religion shirt and got into my white jordan 13s.

Making my way to the kitchen. "Something smells good."  i said noticing my mama had made pancakes.

"Blueberry pancakes your favourite. Eat up baby." She said placing a plate with pancakes and syrup in front of me.

Three pancakes in my sister finally decided on joining us downstairs taking a seat next to me on the kitchen stools as mother placed a bowl of mixed fruit and yogurt in front of her.

"Someone's in a good mood today." Kairi said looking at my momma smiling.

"I'm just excited on taking y'all to school don't mind me baby. Now eat up, don't you think that's inappropriate for school?"

Kairi laughed. "No ma'am."

Taking a minute to observe her I noticed she had on some black cropped top that looked like a bra with black dad jeans and tied her black and white flannel shirt around her waist.

When we finally finished eating we all got inside the Maybach and mother began driving to school.

Coming to a stop in front of the school building my momma fixed her mirror to be face to face with me.

"You look amazing sweetheart, don't let anyone tell you otherwise." She began. "And you missy keep away from that light skinned nigga." She said looking at both Kairi and I.

We nodded our heads yes and began making our way inside the school building and immediately all eyes were on me.

Shit was mad embarrassing for someone with my reputation to have had a face like mine. Ignoring them muhs i made my way to biology class whilst Kairi went to english class.

Kairi Noel Carter
Walking inside Mr Rand's class i noticed class hasn't started yet.

Making my way to my seat where i sat waiting for class to start i stuck in my AirPods listening to Throw it away by Summer Walker.

Shortly mr Rand came to class, I stuck out my AirPods and opened up my binder.

"Ms Carter how good of you to have finally joined us." He grinned as he got to writing notes on the board.

***

Now I was in gym class and honestly had to lie and say I had my period to be excused. It was Monday and I was not feeling no fucking laps. I didn't wanna sweat and I honestly didn't feel like doing this shit.

And the best part about this it didn't affect my grade. So i was chilling. One thing about having a coach who understood the struggles of a girl they let you get over a few times.

So I sat there on my phone watching everyone participating in gym.

Before i turned my phone off, I got several messages from my grandma from my stepmother's side at once. They were all pictures and one message.

She was in Atlanta since last week and I just knew she was having fun. Honestly good for her. I was glad she was getting a break from our reality. Glad she was having fun. She sounded better emotionally even when i talked to her on the phone, she sounded like enthusiastic.

Opening up the messages, I couldn't help but smile.

Grandma🥺💗
Attachment: 18 Images
And I'm having a time of my life wish you were here with me baby.🥰

All the pictures were certain landmarks in Atlanta, of her, of Ms Trina her long time church best friend, pictures of them together.