𝟻-𝙶𝚁𝙾𝙲𝙴𝚁𝚈 𝚂𝚃𝙾𝚁𝙴

"put your damn hood up

"put your damn hood up." your hair was suddenly covered by your hoodie that was thrown on you violently. "your hair's still wet."

you slapped his hand away and glared at him as you adjusted it on your head. "okay dad."

he scowled in response. "or just fucking freeze and get sick! tch." he turned forward and stuffed his hands in his pockets. "what i get for tryna help you."

the streetlights parallel of each other on the sidewalks near the road served as the only light for you and bakugo as you two neared the main road. the crickets and owls gave a nice white noise in contrast to your steps crunching the leaves below your feet.

"thank you for coming out with me." you started, eyes glued onto your feet. you watched bakugo's right next to you and started syncing your steps with his. "and for making me feel better, and for patching me up. i really was a mess, huh?" you breathed out a bitter laugh through your nose.

"i said don't mention it." he side-eyed you. "why do you let copycat get the best of you. thought you were better than that."

you sighed. "it's hard to explain. i just keep clinging onto false hope, and i don't really know how to leave."

you two started walking on the sidewalk. the streets were mostly empty, as were most of the stores. the lights were off in them, implying their closure for the night. but there were some people around.

"you're smart enough to see that it'll always be the same dumbass." bakugo spoke as he lightly pushed you over. for a moment you stumbled over your feet, but did eventually catch yourself. now you were walking on his right, and he was walking near the roadside where cars would drive.

"mhm, yet i don't wanna diminish any slight chance there might be, you know?"

bakugo shook his head. "that's stupid."

"don't needa tell me twice."

it went silent after that, the two of you thinking your own thoughts. while the convenience store was near, you found yourself thinking about the events that took place not even 15 minutes ago.

you can get what you want without losing what you think you need.

'confusing, but then again that's all bakugo's ever been to me.' you side-eyed him. he looked calm with the wind breezing his hair in a graceful way. the streetlights illuminated his face nicely, and made his red eyes stand out. his lips were in a natural frown as he stared ahead.

thoughts of these past week flooded within you. they've included bakugo more than you thought they would, but for some reason you didn't hate it. in fact, you kinda liked it. he was nice company, and with the way he is around you, you figured he liked being around you too.

you couldn't say the same for monoma.

'but everything neito isn't, bakugo has been lately.' you turned your head to bakugo, making him do the same.