Chapter 7: Girl

'I'm running so late'

Hanlim's first period doesn't begin until 8 AM, yet it's 7:40 AM and Nayeon is already in the school building.

Students pile onto each other forming a barricade of fans when they hear exaggerated gasps and squeals coming from down the hall.

"ITS NAYEON"

"Good Morning Nayeon!!!"

"Hwaiting today!"

The students excitedly wave and cheer, flashing a finger hearts and smiles. Nayeon on the other hand is begging in her mind for them to move.

"Gomawo!!! Fighting. Fighting. Saranghaeyo~"

Nayeon is tirelessly out of breath but kindly flashes her bunny teeth and raises finger hearts with fighting fists back at her classmates. She waves her arms rapidly arms to the sides and walls hoping her fans will make way.

After fighting her way through the school corridors she slides open a classroom door and looks at the clock ticking on the wall.

'7:50... I have a bit of time'

Nayeon heavily stomps her way to a chair, pulls it out, dumps her body onto it, and lets out an exhausted gasp.

Then, dainty fingers delicately place a piece of kimbap into Nayeon's mouth.

Nayeon shoots up and faces the blonde girl in front of her.

"Meenghnah"

Nayeon sloppily greets the girl a good morning gleefully chewing the breakfast food she was fed.

"Good morning Nayeon"

Mina warmly smiles at the girl whose brunette hair is frizzled with stray strands sticking out. She gently pets through Nayeon's hair fixing it.

"Wake up late again?"

"I couldn't sleep last night"

"Why? Nightmares again?"

Mina's eyes look at the girl sitting across from her with great concern. Nayeon nods her head slowly, with a hint of sadness.

"I thought I told you to call me when you can't sleep"

"Yeah, but what if you're sleeping? You need your beauty rest."

Nayeon pouts and teases Mina. Mina rolls her eyes at the comment.

"I'm going to start losing sleep worrying about whether or not you're able to rest."

"I'm serious Nayeon. You're not alone anymore."

Nayeon feels a smidge of guilt build inside of her. The idea of Mina getting less than 6 hours of sleep pains her, even though she usually only squeezes in 2 hours a night.

Nayeon tilts her head up and down.

"Now get out of here before you're late again."

Mina then passes Nayeon a wrapped breakfast and points to the clock that reads 7:58.

Nayeon lunges out of her chair and stumbles out of the room in an uncontrolled sprint, knocking down a few chairs on her way out.

During first period Nayeon secretly unwraps cloth protecting the breakfast Mina gave to her. There's a yellow paper crane flattened on top of a Tupperware lid.

Nayeon unfolds the crane.

"Have a good day. See you later"

Nayeon's mouth turns up in a grin she can't hold back, and continues to sneakily pop the Kimbap into her mouth.