Chapter 26: Emotions

Mina's POV

Nothing in this world could have prepared me for the sight in front of me.

A traffic jam set us back 2 hours, but we finally arrived in Daegu. After repeatedly knocking on Nayeon's supposed hotel room and earning no response, disruptions from the neighboring room attracted me, Sana, and Momo.

"No is going to believe you now"

Momo had peered over the wall, as the door was left wide open. But she instantly jerked her head back, with her eyes open wide, and hands covering her dropped mouth.

Unfortunately, Sana and I let curiosity get the best of us and we too cautiously looked into the room.

"No don't!" Momo tried to warn us. But it was too late.

There was a naked woman, hiding beneath the heavy white sheets of the luxury king bed. That in itself was already enough of a surprise.

But. There was more.

My fiancée of 3 days. Shirtless, pants unbuckled and unzipped on top of my best friend's beaten body.

What the fuck.

I shut my eyes as tight as possible. This can't be real right? There's no way Seungkwan would cheat on me! He loves me, and I love him. I'm going to marry him, I'm going to love him for all of eternity.

"Mina?"

His airy voice snaps me back to my now painful reality. When I gain the courage to slowly open my eyes, everything before me is unbearable.

The weight of my heart, my churning stomach, the tears staining my cheeks. Physically, mentally, and especially emotionally there was no more peace only chaos.

The emotions flooding my body were simply too heavy for me to carry. My knees buckle and I collapse to the ground.

I clench and tug my t shirt. God I wish I could just rip my heart out. Anything to end this terrorizing pain.

Then, amidst all the havoc I was experiencing entered a smidge of comfort. Shaking hands caressed my hair as arms engulfed me into a warm chest.

I don't have to open my eyes to know who it is. Her selflessness overwhelms me and I can't hold back the sobs I release into her shirt.

"I'm so sorry Minaya"

I choke up again. Her voice is so broken. Her body swollen, bruised, and bloody. Her condition provides all the context I need.

When will she stop looking out for me? She's always taking care of me. My fiancee— no. My ex. He beat her. I should have known. How could I have missed the signs? I'm such a fool.

If I had found out myself, Nayeon would be okay. She doesn't deserve this. She's hurting again. It's because of me and my carelessness. It's all my fault.

"Nayeon—"

After my seemingly endless cries finally slow I lift my head to face her.

"Nayeon?"

Her limp body collapses onto mine. I shake her by the shoulders but her head only bobbles as the rest of her body is unresponsive.

"Nayeon!!" I shriek

She falls into my arms, eyes shut. I stroke her hair out of her pale face.

"Please, please wake up"

Droplets of my tears fall onto her face as I continue to sob holding her still body.

Momo and Sana rush beside me. Sana caresses my back as Momo feels Nayeon's neck.

"She still has a pulse, she's only unconscious. But we need to go. Now."