Chapter 8: Friends

Warning: Some language may be inappropriate for some readers

---

"Is something wrong?" Nayeon asks the pretty blonde sitting across the shop counter

Mina has always been a girl of few words, but today she's unusually quiet.

Mina just stares at Nayeon for a few moments in silence before choosing to give a weak fake smile.

Nayeon sighs. It's obvious to her that her friend is bothered.

"Yah Minaya, you can talk to me. You listen to all my problems, even the dumb ones. I want to listen to yours too. We're family right?"

"Am I good at ballet?" Mina blurts out

Nayeon is frozen in disbelief

'Is that really her question?'

Nayeon giggles and nearly bawls laughing at Mina. She can't belive what the girl is asking.

"You're seriously asking me if you're good at ballet?"

Mina puffs her cheeks and pouts.

Nayeon stops teasing at the cute sight, she doesn't want to upset her.

"Of course you are. Everyone in Hanlim knows you're talented. Why are you asking me such an obvious question?"

"Am I good enough to earn a lead role?"

Nayeon immediately stops and realizes that it isn't a what that is bothering Mina, but rather a who.

'I'm going to beat Kazuha'

"Is there are girl bothering you?" Nayeon interrogates

Mina cocks her head, surprised at Nayeon's quick conclusion.

"H- how did you know?"

"It doesn't matter, is Kazuha still bothering you?"

"No, she stopped after our instructor released we were doing Swan Lake... but I'm still not brave enough to go for the lead role."

Nayeon relaxes knowing she successfully scared Kazuha off Mina, but is still upset that the girl's words got to Mina

"You better audition Mina. If there's anyone who deserves the lead role it's you. You're the prettiest and most talented ballerina in our school. And I am not just saying that because I'm your friend."

Mina can't help but blush at Nayeon's words of encouragement

"Okay, I will"

The two return to their homework assignments and cheerful gossiping.

---

"So what's going on between you and Nayeon?"

"You guys seem a little too close"

Sana and Chaeyoung interrogate Mina who is smiling at the paper crane in her fingers that read

"Good luck today! You'll get the role my talented penguin :p"

"We're just friends"

Sana doubts Mina's answer. Sana is an observant girl who catches how Nayeon's eyes twinkle the tiniest bit brighter when she looks at Mina with eyes full of care, adoration, and maybe even gratefulness.

"Mhmm, so why are you friends with her? Or how"

"Sana, you don't need a special reason or way to be friends with someone."

"Ohh, Mina is smart. How else could I be friends with someone like Sana?" Chaeyoung injects

"Keep acting like that and I'll make Dahyun and Tzuyu never speak a word to you again."