Chapter 22: Present

Tzuyu's POV

"Have you guys found anything yet?" Dahyun asks

"No" Chaeyoung groans out

"Not yet"

We've been scrolling and inspecting every photo Megan sent me from that night for the past hour or so and have had no luck.

"It's no use" Dahyun slides her phone across the table out of frustration

I clench my jaw. I know what I saw.

"The private investigator I hired is working on it, it will only be a matter of time before we catch the pathetic of--" Chaeyoung is cut off by the jingle of the entry bell.

A familiar face enters the cafe.

"Nayeon!" Dahyun is reenergized

Nayeon's hair is disheveled, she's still in her scrubs, and dark circles shroud under her eyes.

"My favorite little cuties!" She pinches Dahyun's cheeks

"Are you okay unnie? You don't look so good" I ask concerned

She scratches the back of her neck.

"Ahh. I shadowed a surgery the other night and then worked a 12 hour shift. I haven't slept in a day or two"

Chaeyoung steps up to feel her forehead.

"You're burning up unnie"

"Ani. I'm okay Chaeyoung" She says with a fake smile. Her face is paler. She isn't okay.

"What's in the bag?" Dahyun points to the large plastic bag Nayeon carries in her hand

"Oh I went and bought the decorations for tonight, I got her a present as well"

"I thought Jihyo unnie was going to?"

"She had a last second shoot for her comeback so I volunteered in her place. I haven't been here her past 8 birthdays so this is the least I could do"

Dahyun shoves Nayeon's shoulder teasingly.

"Wowwww you love her so much!"

Nayeon blushes and shakes her head.

Maybe we should tell Nayeon about Seungkwan, she would definitely fight for Mina then. But we still have no proof. I quickly dismiss the idea.

"What's the gift?" I ask

"Shh, Tzuyu-ah it's a secret."

"Just tell us unnie!" Chaeyoung squirms

Nayeon clicks her teeth and taunts her finger.

"Just know it's something special, you guys will see. Anyways I have to go setup up the place. I'll see you guys later"

She orders a coffee and is out the door. On her way out she trips on nothing as if she can't see properly. She just gives us a clumsy smile. Poor Nayeon, she's really pushing herself.

---

Mina's POV

"Where are we going?"

Seungkwan presses the button with a big R instead of the usual 42.

"Shh babe don't ruin the surprise"

Seungkwan invited me over to his place for my birthday. My heart palpitates and I have endless thoughts on what Seungkwan could have planned for us tonight.

"Okay, now close your eyes."

"What?" I smile at him

"Just trust me Mina, hurry and close your eyes" he urges