Chapter 25: Cheater

Nayeon's POV

"Umma, Appa, it's been a while right?"

I set down the flowers between my parents' gravestones. In this same spot 8 years ago I was sobbing my eyes out. My life seemed like it had truly came to end. Yet, here I am again alive and well but my life seems to be coming to an end again.

I take a deep breath. I don't know what to say. I'm sure they've been watching me from above.

"If you guys have been watching, I'll be okay. I'm a little stuck right now, but life goes on."

This sucks. Everything sucks. I'm heartbroken and instead of talking to someone about my feelings, I'm talking to 2 rocks.

"Why did I have to fall in love with her?"

I hate being weak. But right now, I don't have the strength to be strong. My eyes water as a tear slips down my cheek. I'm also tired of crying. I'm also just tired.

"If you two were here what would you be telling me?"

Silence.

God I'm so lonely.

I give up on standing and just sit down. Instead of trying to talk I embrace the quiet. I allow the harsh March wind to sting my face cold.

I admire the details of my parent's gravestones. How my father's gravestone is more deteriorated and dirty than my mother's.

I decide to just sit for a while.

—-

I plop onto the king sized hotel mattress. Agh. Nothing better than a nice warm bed. Thank you Jeongyeon.

I left the graveyard once my inner emotions finally felt calm. I probably haven't achieved inner peace but I think I got a taste of it.

My stomach gurgles. The train ride from Seoul to Daegu took 4 hours. Outside the window are an indigo sky and a full moon. I'm exhausted and hungry.

While I waited for room service I took a soothing hot bath. After I changed into my PJs I watched TV while demolishing my meal. It feels good to not have to worry about anything.

The sounds of the TV became muffled as I felt my eyelids grow heavy. I decide to let the darkness overtake me and finally get some rest.

*thud thud thud*

I jerk awake to the feeling of the walls getting banged.

"Mmmh, ugh! ... Faster! ... Harder!"

You've got to be kidding me.

I take a pillow and cover my ears. I'm here to rest, heal, and focus on myself. Let the neighbors have fun.

*CRASH*

*Loud laughter*

Okay that's it. Yes I am heartbroken, touch deprived, and my hormones are in distress but I am stopping these neighbors because I simply want some sleep.

I calmly knock on the door. Just nicely ask them to quiet down. I don't want to ruin their fun night.

The door swings open.