Odd meeting

You've known Sherlock and Mycroft since you were 6 years old. It doesn't matter that you were only a 6 years old girl, you will always remember the day you met Sherlock. It was a sunny day, you were wandering around in your new neighbourhood, with your brother. You had just moved into a small village and you didn't know the people or places there. Your brother Jake, was 5 years older than you and he always managed to get on everybody's nerves. He always tried to be overwhelmingly funny, too bad that non of his jokes were as good as he thought.

" Why are you so quiet today sis?" Jake asked.

" I miss all of my friends, I'm probably never going to see them again!" you never wanted to move into this place but it's not as someone is going to listen to a small girl who's still wearing slippers with unicorns on them. 

"Stop being so over dramatic Y/N! We didn't move to a different planet, we didn't even move to a different country!" Jake was already a bit mad on you. 

"I can't make friends in here, I even don't want to make friends! I haven't seen a single kid who is about my age." It was true, you had only seen one kid who looked like she was about 16 years old and then a bunch of old ladies. 

" What's wrong with that boy there? Why can't you go and say "Hey, be my friend, since my brother is very tired of babysitting me and I'm new here." would it be that hard?" When you left out all the sarcasm, then of course your brother had a point. You hadn't noticed this boy, he was sitting on a bench, by the river and he was counting something on his fingers. There was a big dog next to him, later on you found out that it was an Irish setter. He seemed to be about your age, maybe a few years older, you couldn't tell. He had brown and curly hair. Your brother went home and there you were standing and struggling to make a friend.

You walked up to him and said " I like your dog, my mum said that since we now have our own house we might get a dog someday. My name is Y/N." The boy looked really surprised and a bit confused. 

" And you're telling me that because?" now you were the one who got confused. 

"Because I have no friends here and I thought that maybe we could become friends."

" You want to be friends with me?" you felt like you had confused the boy even more. 

" Well, I'm not talking to the dog or am I? What's your name?" 

" My name is Sherlock, and this is Redbeard. Are we friends now?" 

" Nice to meet you Sherlock! Well, yes. I think that we are friends now."