Chapter 2: The Parents.

The school day had finished quickly for all the students, and like any other student he was making his way home. He ran on the roof tops jumping over lethal gaps and onto towering buildings. The wind flew through his brown hair and his black hoodie rustled as he jumped over an alleyway. He was having the time of his life, birds tweeted as he flew passed onto the next roof top and the hot sun beamed upon him, though he wasn't bothered by the heat. A small barely unnoticeable smile graced his lips at the faint smell of trees. 'Here comes home!' he thought as he passed the wooden pillar of Spruce Street.

Giant trees, and a forest of purple flowers protected the Midnight Estate from unwanted eyes. A huge pair of wooden doors guarded the entrance to the surprisingly big house. Dexter walked on the short cobblestone path towards his house, not even out of breath. As he walked on the path, he stopped about halfway there and turned right towards a tree with a huge picture frame laying at its base surrounded by a multitude of different flowers. A girl about 12 years of age with pitch black hair that seemed to draw in light and dark purple eyes was in the picture surrounded by broken and cracked bones holding up about three skeleton forms with pitch black eyes. An accomplished gleam in her eyes.

Dexter let a silent tear go down his cheek in mourning before wiping away the rest and headed back to the path leaving the memorable of his late sister who died five years prier. As he neared the house, he could hear the bustling sound of his parents laughing at something.

When he entered the house, he was instantly bombarded with the smell of curry, his favorite.

"Home already Dexter?" His mother asked surprised. "Oh, why am I surprised your always here so fast."

"Why wouldn't I be here so quick, school sucks." He answered her previous question. His mother chuckled quietly as she turned towards the stove and stirred the bits of chicken in the pan below.

"Now, why don't you go do something in your room while I finish this."

He turned, walking silently towards the stairs before his mother spoke once again, "Oh, and tell your father to get his lazy ass in here and help me or, he sleeps on the couch tonight!" She yelled at the end.

"Coming honey!" The gruff voice of Dexter's father echoed through the house as he sprinted to the kitchen.

"Oh, hey Dexter didn't here you come in." His father stated with a smile. "How was school anyways?"

"Boring, for the most part." He spoke, as though he had said this a million times "But we will finally learn how to do magic on Monday."

The house froze, silence. Suddenly, as if possessed both his parents let out a squeal and trapped him in hug. Their pitch-black hair blocking his sight and his mother's blue eyes closed while his fathers red eyes stared into Dexter's own purple eyes.

"Finally, it took that damn school long enough to start teaching you!" His parents chorused together slightly unnerving their child.

"Oookay," he said confused "I'm a go to my room now Mum, Dad by." Stated Dexter who was wondering whether or not his parents had somehow planned the whole thing. He (silent as ever) slipped into his room sliding the door shut behind him with a sigh.

Were had it all gone wrong, what changed their mind to switch the schedule up like this! No, it didn't matter it would stay relatively the same anyway, no big difference. He just needed to be patient.

He collapsed onto the hard ruff fabric that was his bed, already use to the feeling to be bothered by it. He lay there thinking about the day, how things were moving way to fast for his liking. Just last week they had begun learning about the origins of humans and now, now they were learning magic. It was absurd. The main thing on his mind now though was the shift in his parent's behavior a couple of weeks ago, it was sudden he'd just got back to school and then they were all happy and smiley. Unlike their usual uncaring attitude's, something was wrong, and he could feel it, they both could feel it.

Now thought it was time to go to Monday.

*AN*Sorry for the short chapter. *