Chapter 8: The magical staff.

"Shit, Dexter go and search for the staff before security gets here." Ordered Brim.

"I'm on it." Said Dexter in a hurry. Dexter ran towards the pile of treasures and began digging furiously in his search. His threw a multitude of expensive shiny golden trinkets around the room not caring were they landed. A yell shot into the room. 

"Stop right there, criminals!" A security guard yelled causing Dexter to instinctively stop what he was doing and turn around.

"What are you doing, hurry up and find it!" Brim yelled as he kicked the guard in the crotch causing him to howl in pain as he lay there twitching in pain. Another guard ran into the room only to have a Holly's hand smash into his face, his jaw snapping backwards. The guard stood up clutching his jaw before he snapped his jaw back into place.

"You're not going to get away with this." The guard said determined to bring these robbers to justice. He pulled his hand back red lightning bouncing of his fingertips before blasted Holl with a beam of red-hot lightning. It arched its way around her trapping her in its unbreakable bonds, she struggled to be break free, but her efforts were futile.

Brim who hadn't realized his partner was captured grabbed a needle from his pocket and injected his guard with it. The substance worked nearly instantly the man slowly but surely stopped trembling in pain and dozed off into unconsciousness. Brim turned expecting to see the other guard on the floor as well but was pleasantly surprised to find Holly tied up red lightning, though it didn't seem to hurt her.

"What are you trying to steal?" The guard asked Brim.

"Why should I tell you anyway?" Brim asked his own question.

"If you don't tell me your little friend might just turn into a hot melting mess on the floor." The guard told him.

"Fine, I'll tell you, were looking for the Hermes-jewel-staff." Brim told him honestly.

"That thing, why what do you need it for?" The guard questioned.

"That wasn't part of the deal." Brim stated.

"Tell or you know what will happen" The guard threatened.

"We need it to find Anubis's blade, it was stolen." Brim said reluctantly.

"An-Anubis's blade, you mean that old necromancer weapon?" The guard questioned confused. 

"Yes that, hold the power of a God and it was stolen by Baron scrooch." Brim told him.

"We- I've got to tell the magic council this." The guard practically yelled and was about to run off.

"Wait! Don't tell them it, it would cause an uproar!" Brim cried trying to persuade him.

"Oh, you not what fine, I won't tell them." The guard said.

"Oh, thank Anubis." Brim muttered under his breath.

"But you've got to let me help." The guard told him.

"Are, you serious?" Brim asked surprised.

"Very, if what you're saying is true then you're going to need all the help you can get." The guard explained.

"Okay then I guess can you let Holly go now?" Brim asked him.

"Holly? Oh, you mean the girl." The guard said while slowly letting go of her incase he would be attacked.

"I've found it!" Dexter's voice boomed throughout the auction house as he ran towards the three of them, staff in hand.

"Erm who's that guy?" Dexter questioned confused.

"Names Kai kid, yours's?" Kai asked Dexter.

"Dexter, Dexter Midnight." He told Kai still skeptical of him.

Kai turned towards Brim and glared. "You didn't tell me you had a kid on your team." He stated.

"You didn't ask?" Brim said in such a way that it sounded like a question.

"Oh, you know what let's just get out of here." Kai said annoyed. 

"Right, Dexter pass the staff so I can teleport us out of here." Brim ordered Dexter as he gave him the staff.

"Oh, great Meili here my plea, take us away to the place we call home, change our place to one of your own." Brim chanted.

"Was that supposed to do something?" Questioned Kai before a ring of smoke engulfed them making it hard to breath. Dexter's eye's watered as he inhaled a mouth full of smoke. After a couple of seconds, the smoke faded away and they appeared in Brim's office covered head to toe in sute.

"Ah great this is going to take forever to wash out." Holly groaned; this was her favorite cloak.