Chapter 13: Baron Scrooch

Baron Scrooch was just going about his day, strangling that old woman with the red hair and cutting the kid's neck when the same hooded woman from before walked towards him.

"I've got the samples, Baron." She stated while passing him three glass tubes, one a brilliant red smashing into the edges of the tube another a swirling black mass, finally a still black liquid that just seemed to draw all the light in.

"You have done well Quietus." Baron told them proudly.

"Here is you blade Master." Quietus pulled Anubis's blade from her pocket and passed it to him.

"I believe you want your reward now, right?"

"As I have stated many times before Master, I do not seek any rewards just the rising of our lord."

"I don't care if you don't want a reward, I'm giving you one. Baron said firmly.

"As you wish my Master."

Baron ran a hand through his short white hair before reaching into his pocket and grabbing a small metal box with the inscription almot abde ، namel an tejed altreg elly anoubis. She took the box and began to read the inscription. They turned to look at him tilting their head in confusion before nodding.

"Thank you, my Master, I shall accept this gift."

"Come Quietus I have something to show you." Baron said as he walked out of the alleyway, over the wooden fence and into the open field. He marched past tall thick trees full of life, and a large beautiful blue lake that glowed in the sunlight. They walked for hours in a comfortable silence watching the birds glide past like the wind before stopping in front of a tall stone covered in thousands of different runes.

"This Quietus is the stone of rebirth, capable of bring anyone back in a new form, if you have the right tools that is." Baron stated.

"Were using this to bring the lord back, right?" She questioned although she already knew the answer.

"Correct as always my fellow believer." Baron placed his hand on one of the runes and began caressing it like it was a child.

"These runes mix the life force of a death and a living to bring the death back." He explained.

"I have studied this stone for years, memorized the runes and how to awaken them, we can bring Him back." Baron yelled the last part for dramatic effect.

"Okay, dramatic much." She mumbled.

"What was that?" He questioned annoyed at being called out.

"Nothing!" She answered quickly, "Just wondering when we will bring Him back."

"Oh, soon, soon He will rise once again, and no one will stop him from being the true lord of the dead." He answered with a smile. "He shall defeat that pesky fraud of a death God Thanatos and banish the Gods from this realm! "

"Do not speak I'll of my trainer Baron," The air seemed to thicken, two purple eyes glowed beneath her hood, " Or you're going to have a bad time."

Baron trembled nearly pissing himself in terror in, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead as he spoke.

"Sorry, sorry I won't do it again Quietus, my apologies I must have forgotten you were his apprentice. " He squeaked out.

"I'll accept your apology for now Baron, but one more step out of line.... and you won't like what happens next." She walked towards the stone inspecting the runes.

"It seems we are missing something Master." She called to the still frozen Baron, breaking him out of his terror.

"Indeed, we are, we need one more thing, Thanatos himself. His soul was a part of Anubis's and to bring him back fully we need him." Baron told her.

"I'll find the boy again and bring him here for you." She started walking away, " Don't mess this up again, I can't keep breaking you out of prison just for you to end up back there in a couple weeks." She added while glaring bullets into his head.

"Yes mam, oh and I want him here by this time next week." He told them.

"Deal Master, Thanatos's puppet shall be here, Anubis shall rise once again to reclaim his title as the master of death." She stated.

"Good, Anubis will remember your sacrifices in his realm." Baron said with a laugh.