Chapter 9: The cave of death.

Brim held the staff in his hand raising it towards the sky as he began to chant. 

"Oh, great Meili show me the way to which I seek, show me the way the blade of death, shine your light to me! He yelled into the heavens. The staff began to glow a holy golden light as it gently raised itself into the air. A heavenly glow surrounded them like a blanket as a low gentle humming noise flooded room. The tune was so soft that it lured Dexter into a deep sleep.

Dexter's eyes flashed open as sat at the opening of a dark cave. He looked around trying to spot his friends but found no one but a strange, hooded figure climbing the cliff he only just realized he was on. Dexter quickly hid behind a pile of rock not wanting to be seen by this stranger. The hooded figure moved swiftly and elegantly towards the entrance of the cave; Dexter had a strong desire to follow them. So, he did.

The hooded figure moved inside the cave like they had been here many times before, it was unnerving to say the least. The figure came upon a rushing river and raised their hand causing a swarm of bones to sink into the river making a bridge. The figure once again moved swiftly across the bridge and rounded the corner.

Dexter dashed forward as the makeshift bridge began to collapse. He jumped over the small gap between the bridge and the edge of the rock and sprinted the rest of the way, the bones breaking behind him. He was nearly there just a couple more seconds and he would have made it. The bone beneath his feet gave away as he let out a cry, his hands barely finding the edge of the rock. He was slipping, he needed to get up now. He swung his other hand up onto the rock and began to haul himself upwards after a couple of tries he managed to climb over the edge panting like he had ran a marathon.

'That was so damn close.' He thought as he slowly dragged himself up of the rock and followed the route the hooded figure had went. The rock corridor opened up into a massive open room that was nearly as big as the Temple of Anubis. What surprised him though we the ancient drawings on the wall showing a great fight between many figures of light fighting one singular figure of pure darkness surrounded by trillions of small white figures. With a start Dexter realized these weren't people but Gods. The Gods were fighting a being of pure darkness with an army of unimaginable numbers.

The hooded figure stood in the center of the room standing above an alter with the mangled remains of a giant as species long since extinct after the Gods wiped them out. They figure pulled out the blade of Anubis and cut their hand allowing the blood to drop onto the giant. Baron Scrooch had the blade thought and this person was far taller than Baron would ever be. So how did they have it and why? 

The blood soaked the giant's corpse staining its head a crimson red. It slowly but surely began to stand up looking around at its surroundings confused. The figure pocketed the blade and studied the giant for a minute before they spoke.

"I have brought you back for one reason, kill Kai More when he comes here." The hooded figure ordered their voice distinctively female. 

"As you wish, necromancer I will repay you for bringing me back." The giant spoke.

Apparently satisfied with the giants answer, the hooded figure walked towards a section of the wall pressing their hand done on an uneven piece of rock. A hidden door swung open nearly hitting the figure if they didn't jump back, Dexter could faintly hear them curse under their breath. The figure walked into the hidden room; the door slamming shut behind them.

A voice called his name, and he looked around confused not seeing anyone in the room.

"Dexter wake up, wake up Dexter!" A voice that sounded like Holly's screamed down his ears and his eyes snapped open revealing Holly, Brim and Kai surrounding him. 

"What, just happened?" He asked no one in particular. He looked around realizing he was laying in the same place as his dream.

"No, I was just here how, where are we?" He managed to get out.

"Dexter, were at the cave of death." Brim told him ominously.