Chapter One

Am I in GF?

Memory loss is one way of coping with damage-Jeannette Winterson

-Jeannette Winterson

No one can ever be prepared for life. Sure some have it all planned out. Go to college, get a good job, find love and have a beautiful family. But then come bills, debt, divorce and custody battles. Others let life choose its curse for them and become happy with whatever they have.

When Kal-El fell to Earth that sunny day, no one knew what he was going to be. Then he became Superman, the world's hero. He fell in love with Lois Lane and had two beautiful twin boys, Jonathan Kent and Jordan Kent.

Yet even the Man of Steel couldn't have everything figured out. While he and Jon had a beautiful Father-son relationship, Clark and Jordan struggled to even have a conversation without Lois or his therapist involved.

Now his boys know about his alter-ego, Superman, the world's greatest hero. They know about all the lies he and Lois told them, the excuses of working late or following a dead-end story now revealed.

He felt like the bonds with his sons began to weaken more now that they knew of his secret life.

He closed his eyes, sitting on the porch of the home he loved so much. The home of his mother and father made him feel like a human even when times he didn't. It felt as if Martha and Jonathan Snr. were standing behind him telling him everything was going to be okay.

"Clark!" Lois shouted, running out of the kitchen. He looked at his wife, who was staring at the sky. Clark looked up, noticing from the corner of his eyes that his sons had followed their mother.

A black and white hole had appeared a couple of feet from above the home, circling in a counter-clockwise motion. The small family noticed a bright light burst from the middle, a person falling from the light. Clark quickly took off into the air, his glasses falling to the wooden floor.

Clark caught the person, a young girl. She looked the same age as his boys. Her hair was a light-ish brown and her skin was sickly plain. She wore a black jumper with a bat on it, black leggings and Flash-inspired shoes. She had a septum piercing and a key necklace.

As he landed, Lois ran towards him worried about who or what had fallen from the now-gone portal. She noticed the teen girl in her husband's arms. She looked at him with wide eyes. "Bring her inside" Lois demanded, seeing blood drip from the girl's finger.

<><><>

It had been a short while since the mysterious girl had fallen from the sky, Lois and Clark bring her into the guest room with a first aid kit while the three Kent boys waited patiently downstairs.