Chapter Five

Not With Me

I guess that's just part of loving people: You have to give things up

I guess that's just part of loving people: You have to give things up. Sometimes you even have to give them up
-Lauren Oliver

Krypton, Day of Destruction:

Lara Lor-Van ran down the metallic halls, her footsteps echoing as the sounds of metal clashed against one another. She held her son close to her as another pair of footsteps joined her. "Lara, we must hurry before it's too late" a young woman called from behind the woman.

Soon they reached the room where they stored the escape pods room in the last war against Daxam. The young woman ran to the podium, a holographic keypad appearing in front of her.

Lara shushed her newborn son, rocking him gently. "Where are Allura and Kara?" She asked only for her sister-in-law and niece to appear with another young woman. "Mal, help Lara and Kal" The girl at the podium called out to the younger girl.

Mal had blonde hair and wore a dark green cloak, she looked at her older sister and nodded before running to Lara. "Do you have the sunstone crystals?" Mal asked the mother as she gently placed the body into the pod. Lara's face darkened as she revealed only one.

"Zeta stole my own, he will only have his father's guidance and you Mal" Lara choked, kissing her son's head. "I pray the gods will give you the mother you truly deserve Kal" Lara whispered. Mal looked to her sister as Kara's pod launched.

"Lara, come" Mal held the older woman back. As Kal-El's pod was launched on course to the planet Earth, the El brother and an older woman joined them. "Shara call for two more pods now" The older woman told the eldest sister, running to Mal.

"Mother, what is happening?" Mal asked her, confused as to why two more pods were needed. "You my child. The gods have given me one last vision before we succumb to our sin" The woman, Naeza Alor spoke. Her eldest, Shara quickly ran to her sister's side. Her dark purple cloak shimmered as the last two pods had docked.

"You, Mal will have a daughter in a world different to ours. She will stop Zeta-Rho's dark plan. You must make sure she protects the next generation of the House of El" Naeza explained to the youngest Alor.

"Me? Mother, I am not—" "No my child you will be. Now for this to succeed, you must follow the instruction in my crystal" Naeza began to tear up as she held both her daughters tightly. "Do not fail our ancestors, my daughters. Protect the House of El" Naeza told her daughters before ushering them to their pods

As the pods left the dying planet, Naeza stood with the boys she swore to protect. "Elrisia Alor will stop Zeta-Rho"

Jor-El's A.I sighed as he told his son what the Alor family had done before their home was destroyed. "The House of Alor were one of many, dedicated to protecting the families of the high council. Emma's grandmother, Naeza had been protecting my brother and me since the age of fifteen. The Alors only had women take the mantle as they were the most suitable" Jor-El began to explain to Clark, his holographic arms behind his back.