Chapter Twelve

Everyone That I Love Die

'I know that when I stare into your eyes I can see all the years of lies'

-Billy Talent

"Brother?" Superman scoffed at him, not believing a word he was saying. "I know how unlikely it may seem, but the two of you do share the same Kryptonian blood" a new voice added in, flying to the ground. "Meet my friend, Mal" Tal introduced Mal to Superman with a sense of mockery. "Oh, we've met" Superman glared at the woman, who only gave him a sickening smile. She wore a dark green cloak with a golden pin with the Alor family crest on it

"You are not my brother" Superman stated bluntly, wanting to get this ruse over with. "I am Kal-El" Tal stated simply, ignoring his little brother's brassiness. "Whether you want to believe it or not. My real name is Tal-Rho" He introduced himself more formally to the name of his earthly ruse. "The son of Zeta-Rho and Lara Lor-Van, your mother" Mal spoke alongside Tal. Superman looked at them, very confused at the information he was given. "That's not possible. My mother..." He was cut off by Tal.

"Married Jor-El, your father. Yes, I know. Years after she'd been matched to my father, years after I was born. It was when she first warned that Krypton was dying. The very reason my father sent me here. I was the first son of Krypton to leave... And I came here with one purpose: To further our Kryptonian heritage" Tal explained to him, trying to ease his brother's mind.

"My mother would never destroy innocent lives" Superman huffed, not believing his birth mother would ever dream of such from his birth father's stories. Mal laughs at Superman's choice of words. "Humans are far from innocent. This world you protect deserves better than those who inhabited it" Mal commented at him, hand on her hip. "That's not your decision to make" Superman told them.

"It's already been made. Don't you see, Kal? This is our chance to be with our own, to have a family again" Tal tried to break through to him. "A family?" Superman questioned him harshly.

"The mines, the X-Kryptonite, the people in this town, they gave us the means. Krypton will finally be resurrected. The defense council will reign" Mal told him with a wicked smile. "And we'll have our mother with us once again. I know you long to see her, just as I do. Help me do that, brother" Tal subtly begged the hero, hoping he would come to his side of this long awaited plan.

"Not like this" Superman spoke with venom lacing his words. It was made clear to Tal that he must think of other ways to 'persuade' his brother. "The time has almost come, Kal-El. Our people will awaken soon. And when that happens, I need you by my side, or you will be eradicated too" Tal gave him the finally warning before leaving the hero with his supposed protector.

"Well played Kal, didn't think you'd turn your own brother away" Mal commented. "Where's Emma?" Superman asked the woman. Mal rolled her eyes before holding out her hand. It glowed green as her palm faced upwards, intensifying with a brighter glow. The ground between them seemed to crumble, the edges turning green. "How are you doing that?" Superman asked her.