Chapter Eleven

Meet My Friend, Mal

'Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed' 

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Emma walked into the gazette, looking around for Lois. "Lois!" Emma called out, her answer being a loud bang. Lois came out of the office, smiling at Emma. "Do I even want to know?" Emma asked the woman about the bang. Lois raised an eyebrow, "Just Chrissy" She told her.

"So what's the craic?" Emma asked Lois, seeing her Morgan Edge board behind her. "I need your help, have you ever seen a yellow kryptonite before?" Lois' voice was quieter, making sure Chrissy wouldn't hear her. Emma scrunched her eyebrows. "Uhh, I know how different kryptonite effects both Kryptonians and humans differently, but the colours? It varies depending on Crisis, Barry fucking the timeline or simple storyline purposes" Emma explained to her.

Lois bit her lip, she knew that Emma's memories seemed to stop coming back in the last few weeks but still a small part of her was hoping for anything. "If you want I can give you all the information on what they might do depending on the colour" Emma offered just as Chrissy walked out of the small office. "Yes and remember that-" "Sienna is picking up the boys for school" Emma smiled at her before leaving the gazette with a small wave to Chrissy.

<><><>

"Boys, Sienna will be here in a minute! You know what Emma's like if she's late!" Clark shouted up at his sons as he heard them scramble upstairs. "Clark, we have to do something, and nobody's gonna listen to me. They haven't since that first town hall, but they will to you" Lois told Clark, finishing their previous conversation as their sons came into the kitchen.

"Hey, which one's mine?" Jordan asked as Clark pointed to his lunch bag. Jordan thanks his father. "All right, guys, we're probably gonna have another late night working on this Edge case" Lois explained to the boys as Sienna's car pulled up outside. "All right, we were gonna see Emma's revue tonight anyway" Jon shrugged mindlessly at his parents, unaware of Jordan's shocked face. Jordan hit his brother's side with wide eyes.

"Dude, you weren't supposed to say anything" Jordan hissed at him as Jonathan's face paled. "I'm so screwed," Jon muttered as Emma walked into the house. Lois turned to the young girl, hands on her hips. "You're performing tonight and you didn't tell us?" She questioned her.

Emma looked in the twins' direction, glaring at them and seeing Jon's face. "I didn't want to make a huge deal out of it. Taking down Edge is more important than a small performance" Emma explained to Lois, handing her a folded piece of paper. "No, we will be there" Clark confirmed, seeing Emma's body go a little tense. "Cool. Now let's go! If we're late I will decapitate you both" Emma pointed at Jordan and Jon before leaving the house.