• thirty one

NELLIE

"Say it again." He smiled, his blue eyes lit up & I gulped.

"I love you." I whispered.
I hate you.

"I love you more darling." He smiled brightly & connected our lips. He pulled away & untied me from the chair.

"If you love me, take the collar off Nala & leave her alone. You have me now, I won't leave Vince." I lied & he tilted his head as he stared deeply into my brown eyes.

"Mhm. Promise?" He asked & I nodded. He made his way over to Nala & she whimpered. She clenched her eyes shut & held onto her belly as he got closer.

He unlocked the collar & slowly removed it off her. Her & I both let out a breath of relief.

He backed away & she crawled backwards. He turned around & faced me with a smile. He embraced me into a hug & kissed my forehead before placing his head in the crook of my neck.

Nala & I locked eyes. I motioned her to get a weapon on the counter & she shook her head.

"He will kill me." She mouthed.

I pleaded with my eyes & she hesitantly stood on her feet with trembling legs. Vincenzo pulled away & as he's about to turn around, I connect our lips. As much as I hated it, I didn't have a choice.

"Mhm." He groaned in between the kiss. He cupped my ass in his hands & lifted me off the ground wanting to deepen the kiss.

My eyes remained opened & I watched as she slowly grabbed the pocket knife off the counter. She slowly walked behind Vincenzo & I watched as she plunged the knife in his back making him groan.

She twisted the knife in his back & he dropped me making me fall on my tail bone, a loud scream erupted from my chest. He kneeled on the ground & the veins in his neck bulged. He stared at the ground then at me.

"I thought y-you l-loved m-me ." He whispered, his blue eyes welled up in tears.

"I d-don't." I whispered.

"I-I love you... p-please love me b-back." He whispered, a single tear dropped from his eye.

"Fuck you."

I slowly stood up & kicked him in the face as hard as I can, knocking him out cold.

"Grab the gun!" I whispered yelled & Nala trembled.

She quickly grabbed the small pistol on the ground & handed it to me.

I checked the chamber for bullets & groaned finding it empty. I stood over Vincenzo's unconscious body & pulled the knife out of his back.

Gunshots filled the warehouse & we ducked, hiding behind the kitchen counter. The door was kicked down & multiple men with massive guns in their hands walked in.

I took a quick glance & watched as Milo, Mateo, Angelo & Leo walked in. They were bloody. I gagged. I can't see any more blood right now.

"Baby?!" He called out & I slowly stood up. He & I locked eyes & I felt myself go weak. He ran over to me & embraced me into a suffocating & protective hug.