Chapter 2 - Prove Your Worth

Back once again. Hopefully I don't make this into shit. Likely will.

Let's start.

____________________________________________

Yesterday seemed to go well. Wasn't much going on aside from Louise's familiar going off on some fat kid when he made fun of her.

Don't get the wrong idea though. Damien just hates those kinds of people. He will admit he feels bad for Louise that she's basically the end of the joke for the whole school. She probably just needs help that no one is willing to give.

Still, explosions are cool. Can't say it's entirely bad. Maybe she just doesn't understand her own magic capabilities.

Anyway, currently the two were sitting outside where a bunch of other students are. Everyone that summoned their familiar is there.

"So why aren't we gone to classes today?" He asked looking to his "Master."

"Second year students get the next two days off to bond with their familiars. I'm hoping that after today we can have at least some sort of understanding and make our lives more bearable." Louise told him.

She was sitting up right, looking all fancy and well mannered. While Damien was slouched in the chair with an arm over the back of it as he was sitting at an angle.
The two were practically polar opposites.

"Would you mind going and getting me some tea?" She asked.

"Well it's hard to fuck up tea and it's not really that much of a task. Not like I have a choice I bet." He said standing up. "Shouldn't be too long."

He went off to go do that. Meanwhile Louise was thinking of questions to ask him. He's a knight seemingly not from this world.

'I wonder if he's not so plain as he looks.'

Over with Damien.

He just finished with the tea and was on his way back to Louise, but that's when he heard a familiar voice. Looking over he spots a blonde guy that looks like the guy who was with that girl that first night.
Only he was now with a girl that had blonde hair.
She had the same black cloak as him. That girl from that night had a brown cloak.

"Is that some sort of rank thing? Maybe a way to tell what year their in?"

He stopped to listen and found very quickly that this guy was likely two timing both of these girls.

He almost ended up bumping into a student and when he looked he noticed it was that same girl from that night.

"Oh. Sorry about that. Wasn't looking where I was going." Damien apologised.

"It's alright. Um, can you help me find someone?" She asked him.

"Sure. Who are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for Lord Guiche. He said we would meet here today."

Damien felt bad for her, but he also felt great that this guy dug his own grave.

"You mean that blonde guy from that night in the hallway?" He asked. She nodded. "He's over there with some blonde chick."

And chaos followed. Damien watched from the sidelines as this Guiche guy tried to explain himself while the two girls worked it out that he was two timing them both. They both stormed off although he could tell the blonde one was less upset than the other girl. No the blonde just seemed like this was an annoying thing, like she half expected it.

"Sucks to suck." Damien said uncaring if anyone heard him.

He was about to turn and leave when Guiche addressed him.