Chapter 10 - Road Trip

Guess who's back to your dismay.

I hope to make life horrible.

____________________________________________

Damien double checked he had everything he needed with the help of Siesta.

"Armour?"

"Check."

"Weapons?"

"Check again."

"Head on straight?"

"Lemme check."

He made sure his head was on right and nodded.

"Sounds like it's all there."

"Good. That should be everything." She said putting the list down.

"Thanks Siesta, good to know I have someone to help me stay organised." He said thanking her.

'I could do that. Don't need some maid for that kind of thing.' Louise thought as she checked her own stuff.

It's been some time since the monster attack and the students get a few weeks off. They can stay in the school or go off places.

Right now Louise and Damien are going off with Kirche, Tabitha, Montmorency and Guiche to a town not too far from here. Well, it's a bit of a journey, but again it's not that far.
As much as he doesn't like Guiche a whole lot, Damien is glad to have another guy in the group even if he is a simp.

They were mainly going because there's stuff to do there, but according to Kirche, Tabitha has her own reasons she won't share.... Not that she ever shares a word in the first place.

"So are we-"

Kirche was about to ask something when she was cut off by the sounds of a number of people arriving on horses.

Damien was still a bit alert from the monster attack and rested his hand on his weapon. Louise, however, recognised the man in the lead and signaled it was fine.

Damien was still ready just in case.

Soon they stopped in front of them. A man with long grey hair and a beard got off his horse and approached.
He went straight towards Louise who seemed to recognise him. Her familiar got defensive.

"What do you want with her?"

"Damien. It's fine." She reassured him and he stepped away, still ready.

He stopped in front of her. Then to everyone's surprise, not Louise, he knelt down in front of her, grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"It is so wonderful to see you again my dear Louise."
.
.
.
.
.
"I don't follow." Damien said very confused now.

"I don't think any of us do." Guiche said in agreement.

"Forgive me. I am Viscount Wardes. Just Wardes is fine. I heard Louise was making her way to the city and I had to be sure she was safe."

"Uh. Ok... Wait how the fuck did you-"

"Now then. I don't believe we have met." He offered a handshake to him.

"Damien. Louise's familiar."

"Ah, so you are the familiar I heard stories about. Sounds like you have quite the talent. An odd name, but a mighty one regardless." He said shaking his hand.

"Uh, thanks? Wouldn't really go with mighty, but alright."

"Humble as well. You hit quite the lucky streak Louise." Wardes said nodding to her.