Chapter 4 - A Huntsman's Duty

And here we are again. Back for more.

Let's do this shit.

____________________________________________

Damien was currently following Louise along to her classes.

"So. Any progress on the magic stuff?" He asked her.

"... No." Louise answered.

"Ah. You'll get there. Everyone has troubles. You'll get there eventually. You haven't given up yet, so keep it." He said encouraging her a little.

"Easy for you to say when you can do magic without even a wand." She said scowling.

"Well, I mean I guess you could argue it's magic, but not really. Does a wizard use magic to punch things? I do that with my fire." He told her.

They continued on to get through the day.

At some point they were in the canteen, or food hall as the nobles call it, but it's basically a huge canteen.

Damien looked around for his favourite maid to talk to. Makes passing time easier.

She was nowhere to be seen.

"Hmm... Maybe she's sick."

"Who is?"

He looked to see Louise staring at him. He must have said that out loud and didn't realise it. And he forgot that Louise doesn't know he's friends with one of the maids.

"Oh, uh. Just one of the maids I'm friends with. We've been talking everytime I go to do your laundry. She's a nice girl. Just.... I don't see her. She's usually here... Maybe she's just sick." He explained looking around.

"I see. Well, I wouldn't know about her then. I didn't know you were into maids." Louise said sounding sort of annoyed.

"Haha. Yeah, me neither."

They went about the day normally. Damien constantly kept an eye out for Siesta. For some reason, he had this nagging feeling that something wasn't right today.

"Uh Louise? Mind if I go for a bit of a walk? I uh... Need to clear my head."

Louise stopped and looked at him curiously.

"What's on your mind?"

"Well.... Just, home. Still haven't really gotten over the whole thing. Just need to think is all. I'll be back soon." He told her.

"Alright. Don't be out too long."

"I won't."

He went off to not clear his head.

That was a lie. He was going to the kitchen where the other regular workers are.

He met the chef's sometime after he beat Guiche when Siesta brought him there. They wanted to thank him for putting a noble in their place. They're very talented cooks that really aren't appreciated enough.

He was greeted immediately by Marteau the head chef.

"Hey! If it ain't The Huntsman! How've you been kid?" He asked.

Yeah, they call him The Huntsman because he told them what he was training to be back home.

"I'm good. I was actually curious about someone. Have you seen Siesta at all? I haven't seen her all day. She was acting kinda odd yesterday too."

He noticed the saddened look on Marteau's face. That immediately got him worried.

"Oh. You never heard. She didn't tell you did she."