Chapter 6 - Staff Of Destruction

Ah shit, here we go again.

Let's get this shit going again.

____________________________________________

Damien is leaning on the wall as the principal of this school goes on about something.

Louise and him were called up here and for whatever reason Kirche and Tabitha were here. Guess they volunteered too.

They were currently talking about the theft that happened yesterday.

Seems a lot of people blame Louise for it and he has only knocked one student out for saying something.

Apparently what was stolen was something called a Staff of Destruction.

The conversation ended up sidetracking from the main issue and the old man said something that annoyed him.

"Why would you allow the thief the opportunity to take such a weapon?" He asked.

Louise didn't know how to answer.

Kirche certainly seemed keen to add to that.

"It's not much of a surprise coming from her. She is the worst mage here. How fitting Louise the Zero would be the-"

"It was my fault." Damien said loud enough for them all to hear.

"Huh?" Louise was confused and looked to him.

He stepped forward and in front of her.

"The golem nearly killed us. I gave Louise a chance to run and get help, but I lost focus and got caught. She tried to save me and.... My Aura deflected her magic to the building." He lied hoping they'd believe it.

"What?! But-"

He gave her a look and nodded. He looked to Kirche.

"Louise was perfectly on target and we would have been fine if I was more focused. I fucked up and it's as simple as that." He finished looking to the principal.

"I see... Then this was nothing more than an accident. For now, let's just focus on retrieving the Staff. Will you be going with them as well?"

"You bet your ass I will. A familiar has to protect his Master right?"

He looked to Louise when he said that. She couldn't fight a smile.
.
.
.
.
.
The small group of four were outside getting ready to leave.

The girls were checking they had what they needed and Damien was making sure his armour was in place.

"I really need to get that hole fixed. It's a target honestly." He said looking down to it and hooking his finger in it.

"We can go and get it fixed if you want after this is done." Louise offered.

"If it ain't too much trouble. Last thing I want is to get stabbed again."

"That's not what anyone wants. Also, why are you bringing that thing?" She asked pointing to the gold sword in his back.

"Found that it works for weight to help me get faster. Like how Goku wears weighted armour." He told her.

"I don't know who that is."

Before he could explain...

"Aww, I knew you'd love my gift. You're welcome handsome." Kirche said in a flirtatious tone.

He leaned to Louise.

"That's literally all its good for. It's a sword that doesn't even work as a sword. Trust me I tried." He said quietly.