I

It was a sunny day in late autumn, Analisse's least favourite weather to express herself. The slight chill and warmth embraced her, she felt lost with the wilted flora. She was tending to her garden, her heart twists seeing how some of them die in the season. It ruined her, but soon it'll be winter. Analisse had hoped for time to pass by, yearning for spring to see her garden blossom. She missed her flowers, she often associates herself with one.

Fragile, soft, and often make others happy to receive them. She is kind, too kind for the cruel world.

"Cherie, you'll be late for school. Come now, let's not take more time." her mother hollered as she waits in the driveway. A smile etched on her face seeing how gentle she is to her garden.

She skips to the car, obeying her mother's words. She despises tardiness, knowing the attention she'll receive there if more people were to arrive.

"I'm sorry, mama." her mother sighed, her daughter was too apologetic. It concerns her how someone could be so kind, but she was glad. She only wished Analisse could learn to be firm, she's too much like her father.

"Analisse, don't apologize for little things. That was barely a mistake. You shouldn't burden unnecessary guilt within you, I told you anyone can use this against you." Of course, she knows, mothers always do.

Arianna is a known CEO of an environmental company, it was a great accomplishment for something most of the world neglects. Her husband is a famous judge too, but being foolishly romantic had always been his speciality. He often taught their daughter goodness, and it grew on her. He is also a man with many careers, a mere judge was only a diversion from his other accomplishments.

"Mama, when will papa return? It's been days now, and I miss him." he had been travelling often these days, barely living his calm life as before.

"Me too, Cherie. He'll be back in a week he said. We'll just have to wait, non?" Arianna reached a hand to caress her daughter's head.

Analisse hummed and looked out the window, watching the buildings pass in a blur. She often walks home to see them again, to see things much clearer.

She stopped at the gate, seeing students entering and chatting.

"Analisse, do you want to walk today or should I have Gerard pick you up?" she waited for a moment as if she wasn't questioned the same all day.

"I'll walk." Arianna chuckled, knowing that it will always be the same answer.

She wiggled her fingers and blew a kiss to her daughter, watching her walk in was always an ongoing cycle. She enjoyed every second of it.

Analisse strutted slowly, taking her time. As always she often walks to the library before the classes start. She is always half an hour early, so she often waits until the alarm rings to notify her. Otherwise, she'd wait in class and read.

"Well if it isn't the most adored Analisse." She paused her walk, shivering as she heard that familiar voice which tormented her days.

She never dared to look the blonde in the eye. She wiggled her fingers in anticipation to be released, not wanting to further irate the girl.

"I'm sorry, Analisse. I remember telling you something. Speak up bitch!"she snaps. Awaiting a compliment from the timid girl. "Why do pathetic girls like you even exist, you're so quiet and well — ugly. Answer me, damn it!" she pushed the silent girl, still demanding an apology.

Analisse's head slammed on the concrete wall, tears begging to be released. She knew it would be worse, the tears could ruin her further. It exhausts her to face this shame repeatedly. So once again, she apologised.

Truly undeserving, if only she wasn't so fixed on her goodness.

Vivian slides her manicured nails on her jaw, releasing a burst of manic laughter to echo in the hall. She briefly snarled at her victim, then walked away unapologetically.

The crowd watched as Analisse fled the scene, tears brimming in her eyes. She hid in the library, sitting far in the romance aisle, weeping never-ending tears. She hugged her knees and wet her knee-high socks. Her heart twists in agony, needing answers for her pain. She had always been enthusiastic and generous, why is it that she was punished for it?

Maybe her father was wrong, maybe no one appreciate goodness. She felt as if it'd hurt him if she change, not that she could. She had always been this way since she was a little girl.

The ringing sound invades her hearing, a call to end her cries. She wiped her pouring eyes, her wet cheeks flushed from pressure. Her nose too had a rosy tint. She cleaned her face with her wipe, erasing the makeup that was blotched by her tears.

She checked her eyes, hoping it wasn't clear that she had been wasting tears for something little.

She picked up her book for the first class, rushing before anyone could. They were never early, and so she didn't care enough to embarrass herself by running.

When she enters, the class wasn't as it seemed. Today, there was someone inside, a boy. He seemed too far deep in his world to notice, so she silently closes the door and sits on her assigned seat, trying her hardest not to make squeak by the chair. He was sitting behind her today but he never noticed, it has always been this way.

He was often silent, she never heard his voice. At this moment he was reading the same novel that she reads, with different pages. She often pondered what was in his mind, wishing that he would sometimes talk to her, asking for a pen perhaps. If only...

She learned his name when the teacher would announce attendance, and she kept that in her little note to remember. Not that she needed it, he wasn't forgettable. She would note his every achievement in class, or when he was told to write on the board she would avert her attention nowhere else.

Likely, she would never admit these actions. She would feel ashamed for being so attentive to his every little deed.

He never had friends, and he never speaks. No teacher ever asks him to read out loud, always the trouble-making students.

She turned her head to gaze at him, only to be met with his eyes darting towards her. She is swift to return her head in front. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping he was only daydreaming and somehow blinding his vision of her. God, how embarrassed she felt.

.
.
.
.