XXIII

"Angel, come with me. I want to take you somewhere," it dawned on him that the entire week they had only visited so little after Analisse has taken two days in isolation. He hated every second of her misery, those days had tormented both of them and they shared their pain in silence. Analisse has entirely changed as a person, he never knew insanity exists within her with all the gentleness she exudes.

She had been so gentle around him, only to wreck the little room each night. Her screams are hellish, full of fury and agony. And he'll find himself carrying her to her room and holding her as she wailed to sleep. It was comforting for him, to know that she isn't keeping the hurt within. It's odd enough that he finds her anger comforting, he loves this side of her.

"Where are we going, baby?" she asks softly, gently coughing as her throat hurts at every word. He softly sighs in contentment at her beauty, his hand reaches to caress her face.

"It's a secret, my love. Stay warm, I'll go get ready and you should too," he pulls her up to her feet and press a swift peck on her lips before leaving her room.

"You are perfect for her," Arianna speaks as he closes the door. "We gave her years of unconditional love only to be the one who breaks her gentle heart. Thank you for being good to her," she looks down and pats him on the back before walking away.

"You two are great parents, that is why she agreed to it. She cares for your safety and I understand why. Don't worry yourself, she loves you," he smiles at her. A glint of reassurance was all she needs. She thanked him and left from his sight.

...
Luciano

I walked into my room and goes to get ready.

As I clean my body, I sprayed the blood-painted walls with the shower head. Days after days of asking my father for information, that old fucker gives me nothing but what he knows. Very little indeed.

I remained at a loss for a few dreadful days, but I couldn't show her this undying pain, it would be harder on my angel.

I gently pat dry my bruised knuckles, walking to look at myself in the mirror. I look tragic at best, but a smile can always hide it all I suppose.

"I love her for too long, but why can't she be mine?"

That question roamed my mind for days. It's so odd that the man doesn't want to meet her, is he avoiding the chances of something more? Dio, it rips my brain into pieces, who the fuck is it?

It doesn't matter to me what caused that engagement, it wasn't my choice, and she doesn't belong to me entirely. I know my hands were tied then. So all that happens now, however little time I have with her, she won't be mine at the end of this path. My heart twists at that thought.

She owns the shreds of my heart, each fragment, every painful beating, she owns it all, she keeps me alive. Who else would matter more than the first girl I have ever loved? She is the love I've never known, she personified beauty and warmth, and she's everything worth loving.

Fuck, why Analisse?

...

He waits by the door, watching her slowly prance down the stairs as her skirt flows at every step. Her enchanting smile grows as she sees him, her beautiful man who looked deep in misery. Luciano walks to reach her delicate fingers, his eyes hold so much love with a simple gaze.

"Don't look at me like that," she softly mutters, turning away with a sly look on her face.

"I'll look at you how I want to, I'd even ogle you if I feel like it. You're always beautiful, so why not?" He pats her head and moves to open the door, "Andiamo, this is our last day here. I want to show you many things," she giggles as he drags her away.

As she sits in the car, she noticed a basket, perhaps for a picnic and she enjoys the fact that he loves it as much as she does. He took longer to get in the car but he then shows up, three fresh daisies in hand and he hands them to her.

"They looked too pretty so I picked some to show you," it was true. But they reminded him of how lively she once was, her pure smile and, her joy. She rarely seemed happy if it wasn't an act in front of others. He took one of the flowers and placed it on the side of her ear, his cheeks warmed when he feels her skin.

"Aw, you're blushing," she mocks, which made his cheeks flush much darker.

He rubs his nape for a bit before speaking. "Um, let's go," so endearing.

The drive was the best thing she's had for the week, seeing new places and bothering him every second she could. It was relieving.

Soon, he stopped by a rather beautiful villa, it wasn't too large but the wide lake made the scenery more charming. She shivers as he opens her door, "Where are we, baby?" she asks.

"My nonna wants to see you, she called me yesterday and I told her why I'm here," she grows anxious, and he could sense it as he notices her lips quiver. "It's alright, she's very sweet to almost anyone, just be yourself, sì?" Analisse nods and holds his arm as they walk to the entrance.

He knocked only once before a girl opens the door for them.

"Luciano, mi manchi tantissimo cugino!" She hugs him tight and paused as she sees Analisse beside him. "Chi è?"

I miss you so much, cousin. Who is this?

"Questa è la mia bambina, Analisse," the girl goes to pull her in for a greeting, her welcoming demeanour calms Analisse's nerves.

This is my girl, Analisse.

"Bongiourno, I'm Analisse," she spoke so quietly.

"Sì, you can call me Regina. Dai, dai it's cold out here," she drags both of them inside.

"Luciano?" he turned to see his grandmother reaching to him.

"Nonna, mi manchi," he runs to hug the old woman, perhaps a little too tight. She slaps his back twice before he releases her. She moved him away as she sees a new face, wondering if it was the girl he tells her about.

"È lei? Ah, è così adorabile," she waddles to pull Analisse for a hug, then examining her face as she goes.

Is this her? Ah, she is so adorable.

"Così bella," she whispers, Analisse thanked her shyly, feeling overwhelmed but enduring it nonetheless.

So beautiful.

"Dai, ho preparato del cibo. Devi avere fame, sì?" she chuckles and leads them to the dining table.

Come, I prepared some food. You must be hungry.

.
.
.
.

Happy new year y'all. I've been busy these days i'm sorry for the late update.

I'll be posting another chapter later. Hope u guys like this.

today sucked sm like i was eating chips and bit my tongue so hard it bleed and then i also stabbed my gum w it and bleed too and i think my wisdom teeth growing idk omg